water heater and picture or schematic for oDay 302

Apr 12, 2011
catalina 30 lake st clair
I tried to locate water heater below deck however all I found is one line hot (after running engine) but coul not see water heater ? no water running in faucet on hot side?help anyone!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Clementise..
Firstly running the engine to produce hot water only happens when you have a hot water heater that is connected to your engine. Some boats have them some do not. Those that do not and are used to cruise with often have the new owner change out the water heater.
If you have a water heater it should be located somewhere in or near the engine compartment.
It may look like one of these:
mPuX57hD_Ror4fzydRQ1XNQ.jpg torrid-vertical-6-gallon-water-heater-stainless-steel.jpg 208285F-p.jpg
You might try sitting at the dock, plugged into power, and turn the switch labeled "Water Heater" on. This would be an AC power switch. Give it an hour and see if the water is hot.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
How new to you is the boat? Every o'day I've ever seen has a round vertical heater like the one in the center picture that John posted above. It should be in the engine compartment next to the galley bulkhead and accessible by your cockpit locker. Of course a PO could change that. If you would like a schematice from the oday 34 manual , PM me with a fax number. Sounds like the cold water supply hose may have been disconnected during winterizing. Do not turn on the ac current without water in the tank least you burn out the element.