New Electric Panel

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
It took 1-1/2 years from when I got the panel, but I finally installed it yesterday. The old panel had no way to turn off individual AC circuits, push on fittings for the DC side, a fair amount of corrosion, and no working idiot lights or analog meter (not such a big deal). A very nice upgrade, and it all works!! Thanks to Dennis Garashi @ Seaward for being so friendly and helpful when I was looking for a new panel, and Maine Sail and the rest of the folks here who have been so great in giving advice and support. I replaced the main AC breaker with an ELCI breaker I bought for our C27 and never used.

IMG_0912.JPGIMG_0905.JPG IMG_0910.JPG

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone have an idea how to repair the Service On light on the Electric Panel. I had a look and couldn't figure out how to dissemble it to replace the, I presume LED.:( or does the whole unit have to be replaced.
Cheers
2 Old Pirates

Nov 16, 2012
Does anyone have an idea how to repair the Service On light. I had a look and couldn't figure out how to dissemble it to replace the, I presume LED.
Cheers Mug (b)
2 Old Pirates
I'll bet it's not an LED, although it would be nice if it was! Probably the entire assembly comes out. If you wanted to just replace it as it is you could give Dennis a holler (digarashi@earthlink.net) and see if he's got them available.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Nice job!

You know, that soft plastic sheet comes off the display of your VHF... and makes it easier to read! ;^)

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Does anyone have an idea how to repair the Service On light on the Electric Panel. I had a look and couldn't figure out how to dissemble it to replace the, I presume LED.:( or does the whole unit have to be replaced.
Cheers
If they are the rectangular ones with black surround about the size of a paddle switch they are NOT LEDs. Our experience, both personal and through our C34 experience is that they all too rapidly burn out. One of our skippers suggested getting a 24V one from Radio Shack. Good idea. When my replacement one burned out, I just left it that way. I have a backup and figure "Why bother? I know when the panel is on!" :) Good luck, Dennis should be able to help you.

Nov 16, 2012
The Service On light in the new panel I just installed is a Solico Series 15, 14V, 1.2W. They do make an LED version, but it's for 2V, so would probably require a current limiting resistor.