Yesterday was launch day for my Allied 36 in Southwest Harbor, ME

Todd D

Jul 4, 2012
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
The day started at 8:30 when I arrived at the boat to make a few last minute checks before the hauler arrived to load Seaquestor up. The entire process from the time the truck and Brownell trailer arrived at the boat until I was motoring away from the dock took 92 minutes. The video says it all.

Jun 3, 2010
Hunter 27-3 Erie
Great job TD! You have talked about this process in the past but I had no idea it was such an involved job. It appears that you have the right people doing the work for sure. Our launches at the club are about 1/1oyh the distance but take about the same amount of time.

We have been in the water three weeks tomorrow and still don't have the mast up. My schedule, the weather and the mast stepping crew schedule have not matched up. Maybe tomorrow?

Todd D

Jul 4, 2012
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
I hope you have a great season Craig. The yard where I store the boat is about a mile from the dock we launch at, so it isn't that far. Here is a short video tour of the interior of my boat.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
It is great that you posted that video, Todd. Not an unusual launch in Maine, but I'm sure it is in many areas. Thanks.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
what a beautiful beautiful boat TD. thank you for sharing

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Nice videos Todd. Nice to see and hear you, after all the years reading your posts. (Makes me think I should put up a few vids too, so people can see who I am.) Thanks for posting.

My launches are simplified because I winter my boat with mast up, but I have tasks associated with putting on the two nets, port/starboard, which are removed for winter so they don't weather or have a snow load.

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
That is a big trailer sailor... I'd love to have seen that from the doc.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of when I owned the smaller sister ship the Allied 32 cutter rig. Great open water sailing boats and handles well in a breeze.