Beneteau 331 Refrigerator gaccess

Sep 3, 2013
Beneteau 331 Brewer's Warwick
My refrigerator keeps shutting off. I'm thinking it may be a problem with heat exchanger perhaps requiring cleaning. Where is it located and how does one access, Alder Barbour type

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
Hi Barry,
I had some problems last year with my fridge. I have a 2004 model, with the Adler-Barbour unit.
The compressor is located below the dry storage locker, port side in galley.
Inlet for air is under nav station. Simply take off louverd panel and vacuum the filter off.
When you have access to the unit there is an aluminum control box. It has LED lights
that will give you a sequence code that should identify the problem. BTW, you can get the referigerant from Autozone. I think I have the manual on my iPad, and could email it to you.
My unit had a bad thermostat, I jumped it out and the compressor ran. Then added R134.
Any questions you can email me.

Good luck

Sep 3, 2013
Beneteau 331 Brewer's Warwick
Weasal
Thanks for the hints. I found the access from the top of the unit. The louvered panels don't come off. Will get a mirror to determine if I can see LED lights as currently bad angle.
Please send manual if you still have it.

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
Barry,

The name of the company is Beard Marine in FL. you can call them and they will assist with your problem.
First rate service! Ask for Jake.

V/r

Weasel