Forum questions, comments, and complaints

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Or rather, Kermee should not be allowed to post without a barrage of advertising. Beer mostly. :)

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
One would think that the War Room closure to all would have been handled in a different way. Goodness knows that the bot police will stop and cite only the culprit who speeds rather than the whole populace of legitimate drivers who obey the law, and then those repeat offenders banished to some hinterland for reconciliation. Just say'n.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="Kermit, ...[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]

I like the song with, "Beer for my horses and whiskey for my men."

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Phil,

It is not possible (anymore) to attach an Image via (Upload a file) via an iOS device. When you try, the file is uploaded, but then you get and error message saying the file contents do not match the extension.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Phil,

It is not possible (anymore) to attach an Image via (Upload a file) via an iOS device. When you try, the file is uploaded, but then you get and error message saying the file contents do not match the extension.
I had that same issue with an image that I cropped using the iPhone cropping tool. I've never had that issue with non-manipulated images.

Attachments

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Wow, that's weird. The code is the same whether you're on a desktop or an iOS device, so there must be something about the way Chrome is interacting with it. I have chrome on my iPad and I'll give it a test today. Did this just start over the weekend or did you see it before then?

Nov 8, 2010
Wow, that's weird. The code is the same whether you're on a desktop or an iOS device, so there must be something about the way Chrome is interacting with it. I have chrome on my iPad and I'll give it a test today. Did this just start over the weekend or did you see it before then?
It started while back, about the time of the site update. I had assumed it was related to that, but now it might have been a chrome update that caused it. I thought I tried it under safari but I might have missed it. I'll try that from my side as well.

Nov 8, 2010
Test.

OK it seems I can post a saved/taken picture, but screenshot and/or cropped images fail. This is just picture. OK
IMG_2537.JPG

Nov 8, 2010
Phil, this might be related to a jpg/png issue.... While photos are JPG, I'm sure iOS saves screen captures in PNG format. I have no way of knowing how it identifies the file when uploaded, as iOS hides the filename.

Nov 8, 2010
In Chrome (maybe Safari too)

Taken picture upload fine.
cropped picures upload fine
Web-saved images fail
Screen shots fail

Nov 8, 2010
Yes, safari screenshot works for me too, as long as the PNG is small enough. The Retina display on my Air 2 makes big screenshots.

IMG_2599.PNG

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Anyone having glitches with the "Mark as Read" feature? It does not seem to "stick" for me, in that I can click it on a few threads and the bold title disappears (good) but then if I dive into another thread, the bold "unread" indicator is back (bad). Not sure of the exact sequence involved, but usually if I try it a few times (maybe just the 2nd try?) it then sticks until a new message is added to the thread. I use Chrome on Win 10.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Have the same problem in both IE and Firefox. The counter for number of unreads decrements for when the "Mark as Read" feature is used.