Long Island

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I think I'll fly to Long Island today for a wedding tomorrow. Back to God's Country Sunday. Sorta odd wearing a heavy coat in Charleston, SC. Gonna be chilly in NY!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Where on LI? My wife is from Glen Cove on the north shore. If you are in the area and you have the time, you should visit Sagamore Hill. Teddy Roosevelt's home.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Does anyone know if there is anything left of the original Glenn Miller Glen Cove Dance Hall?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Does anyone know if there is anything left of the original Glenn Miller Glen Cove Dance Hall?
I could ask my father-in-law but he left there about 10 years ago to be with his 2 daughters here in Oz.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I don't think you're going to like the weather on LI this weekend. Bring your galoshes.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Heather grew up just across the pond from Glen Cove and Jackie....you can see Long Island from the water's edge in Connecticut...I have your dock box key in safe keeping on the Harpichord....Pat

Oct 4, 2010
76 Catalina 22 Three Mile Harbor, East Hampton, NY
Very heavy rains here tomorrow through Saturday. Sorry.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Very heavy rains here tomorrow through Saturday. Sorry.
No worries. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law greeted me with a 12-pack of Blue Moon. "With beer all things are possible."

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
I grew up on the south shore, don't miss it 1 bit. Left it behind in 1985 and have never been back, luckily my family finally left too!

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
WOW 1985 and you would not believe how crowded and how much it has changed.
Lived in Lindenhurst and moved to Centerreach in 1972 and moved to Wading River in 1992
I miss Wading River and sailing out east Greenport.
Nick

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
Seaddler, it was a madhouse then, I don't even want to think what it must be like now.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Kermit said:
...sister-in-law and brother-in-law greeted me with a 12-pack of Blue Moon. ."
That was nice of them, but didn't they bring any for themselves?

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Rainy days are good for micro-brew tasting! We've got 3 in Hackettstown alone ... Czig Meister, Man Skirt, and Jersey Girl. We had a great time at Czig Meister 2 Saturdays ago during a brief snow storm that made being inside looking out very pleasant. Bring your own food, bring your dog, and relax!
http://www.czigmeisterbrewing.com/
PumperDunkelweizen was a favorite!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I like the Blue Moon. On tap is always better to me. If you run out of that - and with inlays in a rain storm that is a possibility - you might try some of our Greenport Harbor Ale. It's full bodied and a bit hoppy, so better for a hot day - which today is not. Plug over.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
It is Frog weather. But I wonder if Kermit caught the news item that 2 bald eagles were seen nesting in the Lake Success area. They say there are lots of fish in that lake so maybe it's a good spot for them. I wonder if they were mis-identified Osprey's, which should be showing up to nesting sites on Long Island about now. And they would like a diet of fresh water fish while awaiting the arrival of the salt water schools of bunker.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I hear TSA is doing weird things to frog legs during the search.
Jim...
Funny you should say that. The TSA guy in Charleston patted down my knees based on the body scan picture. Seriously.