Assistance with best place to purchase boat cushions

Mar 16, 2016
Cal 36 Cal 36 Seabrook Marina, Kemah, Texas
Hello! We recently purchased a 1966 Cal 36. Love it, however, there are no cushions for dining table area or in the V birth for sleeping. Is it possible to buy them used? Suggestions? Thank you!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
Having purchased 2 sets of cushions from SBO ( this site) one for our Hunter 25 and then a couple of years later our Hunter 28, I would highly recommend them. Both sets arrived in less than a week and are still in perfect condition.
When we get our next boat we'll order our next set The price is right, the fit is perfect and most importantly, the admiral is happy with a soft place for her tush.

Good luck,

Victor

Mar 16, 2016
HI Victor. Thank you, I didn't even realize the sold them. I went straight to the forum. We're getting accurate measurements this weekend, so I'll check it all out. Thank you!

Apr 19, 2015
Macgregor 26C River Way, Rockledge, FL
All I see are cockpit cushions. Is there a place to buy cabin cushions?

Apr 19, 2015
So, here is what I decided. I took out the original cushions and measured the cushion areas. The port side seating has a gap between two of the cushions which is just horrible. So I am going with one long cushion that covers the length of the settee. After measuring, I went to the fabric store and bought foam, upgrading from 3 inch to 4 inch foam. Using my measurements, I cut the foam with an electric knife and put them back in the boat to make sure they fit. They fit perfectly. The admiral picked out some duck canvas outdoor material. We took the foam pieces and the upholstery to a local seamstress shop to have them sew the new upholstery on, with a zipper and piping. I will post pics when complete.

Mar 16, 2016
There are no Originals left, but this gives me a great idea thank you so much

Apr 19, 2015
There are no Originals left, but this gives me a great idea thank you so much
Be sure and watch the videos on sailrite.com. Especially the one on cockpit cushion repair. Lots of tips to avoid making mistakes on foam cutting

rcw4

Mar 29, 2017
Jenson Cal 21 Bald Eagle State Park
On my 1971 Cal 21 I made a pattern of the area the cushions would occupy (made by taping newspapers together) and took it to the Amish to get made, very reasonable cost and perfect fit (as well as great quality). Granted in Texas there are probably no Amish, but a seamstress or craftsman that works with cloth may be able to come up with something. Best of Luck.