This is how you back a boat into the water!

Sep 2, 2011
Hunter 27 Cherubini Alum Creek State Park
Talk about your "smart cars"! And only 2hp!!

It would take the rest of us a F-150 to launch that little boat.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
There are many Amish snow birds on Lido Key. They didn't take carriages there. I think maybe the strict rules we assume are in effect have been modified.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
There are many Amish snow birds on Lido Key. They didn't take carriages there. I think maybe the strict rules we assume are in effect have been modified.
yea, that motor is a bit un-Amish, but like all religions, the rules get bent to suit the beliefs and desires of the bender...

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
Not sure that is really an outboard. Yes there is a prop, but I don't see the motor.

As for the Amish, the criteria is that they will not use anything that would take them away from the community. So technically a boat on a confined lake should be just fine. Gas engines are OK. I've seen one used to power a wood shop. Cars are not, because they will take you away from the community.

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
I have an Amish friend, he says they are against being controlled by any outside group/agency or similar. Installing PV and wind to power their workshops is well within the bounds of acceptability. I am impressed at the training of the horse team to back up a boat though.

Mar 14, 2017
hunter 23.5 Beaver Lake
When I lived in NW Missouri, different Amish groups nearby had different rules, depending on the elders. Some have no electricty, other groups had it only in barns but not in homes, others Amish groups use it in their home. Some groups own cars but hired drivers, other Amish drive their own trucks and vans everyday. Just like not all Baptist congregations live by the exact same rules concerning dancing or drinking, there is a wide variety of Amish.