Battery Fuses

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
Sorry, been a while since I have been on the forum. This is a fuse on a positive battery post. What are they for and where can I get them?

Thanks

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
Yup. MRBF fuses. Sold here at the link jssailem posted. West generally has em if you need them right away.

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
I bought a couple yesterday. $17 each at West Marine. BTW, while adjusting your alternator belt tension, never let the other end of the wrench touch the positive terminal on the back of the alternator!!!

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
I bought a couple yesterday. $17 each at West Marine. BTW, while adjusting your alternator belt tension, never let the other end of the wrench touch the positive terminal on the back of the alternator!!!
We won't ask how you know. :shhh:

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Also, when working on different size batteries, don't think "oh good, this wrench is too small to accidentally short the posts" on a group 31, then start working on a group 24.