My keel

Nov 17, 2015
81 McGregor 25 81 sailboat Tampa fl
I have an 81 MacGregor 25 that I am trying to restore it didn't come with the kill so I am trying to custom make one I know the function of the pivot bolt less the kill road up and down but I don't know how to lock bolt work does anybody has pictures or can give me an idea of how the system works it is my first sailboat it was a gift unfortunately I have to rebuild the whole boat any help would be much appreciated

Mar 26, 2014
Macgregor 25 Kaw Lake Oklahoma
I have a keel and lots of other parts from a 1986 Macgregor 25. I am in Oklahoma, I would be happy to send you pictures and measurements if that would help you. If so just private message me your email address.
Good Luck

Mac 25

Nov 5, 2013
Macgregor 25 inland lakes in Michigan
I hope these drawings help you and good luck with your new boat.
25 keel dimensions.jpg
kk-102keellock.gif

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
That drawing is for a 22' Mac. The 25's use a totally different keel. I have that drawing, and if i can find it, i will post.

Nov 17, 2015
81 McGregor 25 81 sailboat Tampa fl
Thank you for all your help I am going to try to make a patent with a piece of cardboard from the sailboat it self any info will help

Sep 25, 2008
m25keel.jpg
Here is the drawing for the Mac 25 keel.

Mac 25

Nov 5, 2013
Macgregor 25 inland lakes in Michigan
Thank You Thecuscus for posting the right drawing.
I'll have to double check myself, because I had the right drawing , but posted
the wrong one.
I am very sorry about the mistake.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Wondering what you are going to do to achieve the 600+ lbs. of weight and keep the cost just for that reasonable? I'd be spending a lot of time looking for one myself even if it required driving some distance to get it or possibly paying freight to have it shipped.
A number of 25's have lost their keels and are now basically abandoned due to loosing their keel. I wouldn't buy one without having the keel dropped and inspecting the pivot hole and also the pivot pin.
Good luck and if you work through making a keel yourself be sure and post pictures of the progress for others in the future.
I also have pictures with dimension here....
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor-other-people/other-people-mods-5.html
... that are like some of the above but maybe easier to read the dimensions. There are two sets on that page, first the Mac 222 and then the 25 further down the page,
Sumner
==================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Sep 25, 2008
Its all good Mac25. We all gotta help each other out.

Dec 11, 2015
Venture 21 Florida
There are several keels on eBay that will fit your boat... You just have to search. I only know this because my keel looked like it came off the ocean floor. Totally corroded. I started looking on eBay and found a bunch for 25' and up but none for V22. In the end I think I got lucky though. I have a cast iron keel so a bit of sweat equity will put me back in business..

Mar 9, 2009
Macgregor 26S New Port Richey, Fl
I live in New Port Richey, FL, around 30mi from you. I have a keel from a SouthCoast 22 laying in the yard. The SouthCoast is there too :) . You are welcome to the keel at a agreeable price take the boat too. I had a M25 and rebuilt the keel on it so know that they are similar. The head is slightly thicker. Measure your keel well from the bottom up remember that it slopes, tapers in.