Need to get a cradle built...many difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

dali

Oct 3, 2013
Hunter 37 cherubini design Halifax
I have a 37 ft hunter, cherubini design. I am having alot of difficulty getting a cradle made for this design and was wondering if someone had the same boat? At my yacht club there is only a track system and no slings so it is going to be a substantial cost to tow the boat to another marina. I was told they need the shape of the hull before they can build the cradle and the only way is to take it out of the water. I would appreciate help if anyone knows a cherubini owner so maybe i could talk to their cradle builder or if anyone has any ideas how I can approach this.

capejt

May 17, 2004
Hunter 33_77-83 New London, CT
Have you searched the archives? I think I remember a company that does cradles and trailers, but can't recall the name of the place

JimBr

Dec 28, 2007
Hunter 37-C Grand River, OH
Hi, A bit late in responding. I was painting my cradle as part of wood replacement before haul out. I noted the Name "Atlantic" welded on the cradle in two locations. An internet search (not exhaustive) did not find anything definite. I can take dimensions and anlgles an send pictures if it will help. I can also send you the wooden pieces removed so you will know the shape. It may be easier and better to lift the boat and place on stnads for the winter, having someone measure for a cradle then. Jim H37 LEben ist gut.

Dec 5, 2011
Hunter 37c Scotland
In Arbroath the slip way cradle has sliding wedges, as the boat keel settles on the cradle base they pull the wooden wedges in on ropes and steady the boat as it comes out, then further shore-ing up is done if necessary. They took measurements of my H37C when I was in their yard (craned in / out) in case I needed to use their slip. They measured the height of the hull above the keel at various points corresponding with the spacing of the wedge blocks on their cradle. They then build up the wedges to the right height. I'm not sure if this is the same sort of 'track' system though.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37C McCormick, SC
Excuse my lack of tack, but how much is it worth to you, and how far are you willing to go to pick it up? I just had my boat moved south, and my cradle was left in Michigan. When I am finished working here, it will be off to the blue water for me, so the cradle is available. I will try to attach a photo. There are wood forms fore and aft, with a split in the rear to allow the keel to pass through. 2 adjustable pads on each side as well. TC
note: can not attach photo, what is your email, and I will send directly to you. TC

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Hi Dali,

I have a 1983 full-draft H37C near you. I have sent you my contact details in a PM.

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
It's not hard to design one and have it made. I designed one for my H25 and have the plans. The materials and labor cost *about* $900.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.