refrigeration condenser location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2012
hunter 34 ky
i am replacing my non working refrigeration condenser , and want to move it to a better location. where is your condenser located? mine is under the starboard cotpit seat, with no ventilation.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
when mine was in the boat, it was water cooled.. When the evaporator holed through, I removed the whole thing.. my ex wife hit the nail on the head when she said "You can look at ice and know that it is working." I had tried several "fixes" of the evaporator and our refrig had gotten undependable. I may repair and re-install one day(?) but on the short cruises I have been doing, ice works well enough.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Got the Same Problem ...................

mine is under the starboard cotpit seat, with no ventilation.
....................... with mine for the last 13 years. It has one ventilation grille for an air supply which is of course useless. The condenser currently seems to be dumping its heat through the cold hull. I've measured a temperature of 80 deg. F. in there after the compressor has been running for an hour on start up.

One of the many "to do" things on my list is to install a small computer fan for an exhaust at the grille. I should also install another grille to ensure an adequate supply air supply.

Mar 19, 2010
Hunter 1997 376 Ventura, CA
On my 1997 376 the condenser has a fan installed with venting under the seat it also has water cooling for hot areas.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
i am replacing my non working refrigeration condenser , and want to move it to a better location. where is your condenser located? mine is under the starboard cotpit seat, with no ventilation.
My compressor/condenser air-cooled unit is also under the starboard seat, but not in the the lazarette. It is on a shelf suspended down from the lazarette floor. thus in a much larger cubic space. Don't know if this is why, but I have not had a problem since owning the boat and I have sailed her south to the Exumas, living on her for 9 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.