Recent content by woodzy

1. W

Mac 25 and California marinas

Oh I forgot to mention I now own a Catalina 28 and love it
  2. W

Mac 25 and California marinas

That was my first boat and I slipped her at Oceanside Ca. to see if we would like it. Before I did the though I put bottom coat on. Had it for awhile but it was to cramped. But it made it way easier to go sailing. Stepping the mast hanging the motor rigging and launching. After a day of sailing...
  3. W

autohelm st4000 problems

So I don't have to go looking for it. Does any one have any idea where fluxgate compass is? I have a 1994 Catalina 28 #355 Hennis Vind
  4. W

autohelm st4000 problems

no it just started doing this
  5. W

autohelm st4000 problems

My autohelm st4000 has always worked. Now its started to read about 100 deg. different than what my gps reads and when I set it, it holds course for a short time then goes crazy steering back and forth 80deg. to 100 deg. starboard to port or port to starboard or to full lock and hold it. Any...
  6. W

Dehumidifier

Haven't been on in quite some time. Bought a 1994 Catalina 28 mk1 Slipped Oceanside Ca. tired of moisture . any suggestions on a reliable dehumidifier that I can leave on and drain into sink
  7. W

Hull number

Thanks alot just answered my question perfectly
  8. W

Hull number

Thanks but how with this # can I tell what # boat built this is
  9. W

Hull number

I'm so excited am in process of buying 1994 Catalina 28 . Moving up from my Catalina 27. How do I find out my hull number?
  10. W

I've just purchased my first Cat. 27' Sloop

That's a good idea cause I've got to be real careful filling my 27 cause to[p of filler neck is higher than vent on back of boat .can make a mess in the water.
  11. W

Leaks in my little 'ol Mac 25

Blue water yachts will have kit to do your swing keel bolt
  12. W

Lines aft

Thanks everyone lots of info. Joe, I will have to look but I think I have a 15 winch on mast. But i might use winch for traveler. Just another project but this is a must . I put a lazy jack on it and a line to the cockpit will be much safer. Thanks again you guys.
  13. W

Lines aft

I've got a 1982 Cat 27 and would like some insight on running my main halyard aft. Does anyone have a diagram on how to do this.
  14. W

Navigation seat

My 27 came with wheel steering which I love only problem is sitting on lazerette cover you can't see very well over cabin . Has anyone seen a seat frame that would sit you up about 10 or 11 in. higher that would go on that cover. I've got an idea how I could do it but if one is around i' like to...