• Annnnnnd we're back! Got questions, suggestions, or comments, Guest? Post them here!

Recent content by Wakulla212

1. Wakulla212

Dinette table Mac 25

a tracing of the aft bulkhead (that forms the seatback for the table ) would be very helpful, and most appreciated.
  2. Wakulla212

Transducer placement Garmin echomap

Even here in North Florida it will be a month or two before I put my boat in the water. hoping that the forward placement under the v berth will work. I agree, seeing shallows sooner is better than later. I'll be sure to come back on and report results.
  3. Wakulla212

Dinette table Mac 25

Understood. I think I gave the wrong impression as to which bulkhead I was looking at reinstalling it would be the aft head bulkhead that forms the seatback for the dinette. I agree the fore head bulkhead doesn't need to be there. Thanks for the reply
  4. Wakulla212

Dinette table Mac 25

Thank you, this is very helpful. Just what I needed to see. Thanks. What would be the postage on that bulkhead to Florida? Are those screws or rivets holding the angle irons to the hull liner?
  5. Wakulla212

Dinette table Mac 25

Previous owner removed the table from the cabin of my 85 Mac 25. I would like to restore the interior to more of a stock configuration. Could someone with stock layout post or send me some pics of the table layout, dimentions and mounting hardware etc? I would appreciate any help with this...
  6. Wakulla212

Something I can't figure out

Thanks !
  7. Wakulla212

Something I can't figure out

On my 1985 Mac 25, inside the lazerette there is a fairlead and a cleat. (see photo). I can't for the life of me figure out the purpose for this, what line is this meant to control? Thanks
  8. Wakulla212

Transducer placement Garmin echomap

I recently pulled the trigger on a garmin echomap Chirp 50 chartplotter/depthfinder for my Mac 25. My question regards the transducer for the depthfinder. I would most prefer to mount it inside the hull and shoot the signal through the fiberglass, thus eliminating having the transducer outside...
  9. Wakulla212

Raymarine ST1000+ Install on Mac 25

Thank you everyone. Some really great ideas. I will steal several of them for sure. Raymarine is certainly proud of their mounting hardware and extension parts judging by the prices, so I am looking with interest at the options above that reduce those purchases.
  10. Wakulla212

Raymarine ST1000+ Install on Mac 25

Does anyone have any photos of an install of Raymarine ST1000+ tiller pilot on a Mac 25? I've made the purchase and soon hope to do the install. Was wondering if anyone has advice on any suplimental hardware needed, or fashioned to facilitate. I have done some searching on the forums but...
  11. Wakulla212

The Official "What Did You Do To Your Mac Today" Thread!

Finishing up the bottom paint job on my Mac 25. Built a dolly for removal of the keel borrowing from designs of others on this site. Attached a scissor jack to raise and lower the keel. It worked pretty well, though I should have made it a bit beefier. No mishaps, but it seemed a little...
  12. Wakulla212

Main sheet block/swivel/cam cleat

That's a great Idea. Thank you. That would sure beat trying to hire a diminutive contortionist to crawl in there.
  13. Wakulla212

Main sheet block/swivel/cam cleat

Help please. I need to replace the main sheet block, swivel cam cleat (there is probably a technical name for this assembly that I don't know) on the port aft of my Mac 25. I am unable to access the underside in order to place nuts and washers due to location. I doubt anyone has arms long or...
  14. Wakulla212

Stern rail thingamagigs and a cleat

Perhaps to run a line to assist in raising motor and another to assist in raising swim ladder so you don't have to bend over so far? Just a guess.
  15. Wakulla212

What type of foam to use

A previous owner of my Mac25 removed much of the interior foam flotation. I would like to replace. Does anyone know a good (and hopefully cheap) source of suitable foam to use for this purpose? Should I be looking at securing it in place? or just cram it in wherever I can? I know I should...