Recent content by Sailor Sue

1. Sailor Sue

Stay/shroud tension

Another option MIGHT be to put a block under the mast step to raise the mast the desired/necessary amount.
  2. Sailor Sue

advice: suggestions for attaching furler to bow eye.

Use a spare halyard (spinnaker or main) attached to bow near the stem head fitting. Tighten the halyard to pull the masthead forward.
  3. Sailor Sue

Show us your trailer mods

OK, I'll go first. Nothing too fancy, the angled boards help guide the keel to the center of the trailer in crosswinds or when you can't actually see the trailer. The box covers protect the lights from sun damage and breakage.
  4. Sailor Sue

Memorial Day

Thanks for sharing, Peggy. All the best to you.
  5. Sailor Sue

Sealant on garboard drain plug

How about Loctite?
  6. Sailor Sue

Battery maintenance for dummies

Stu, maybe you could start a Go Fund Me site.
  7. Sailor Sue

Current State of Things

64° on Charlotte Harbor today. I had to wear long pants sailing!
  8. Sailor Sue

Detroit River travel

Our most recent recent trips from Lake Erie to Lake Huron in 2016 and 2017 we did not call in. That being said, we've had a Nexus card for a decade.
  9. Sailor Sue

She's for sale!...and she's a basket case.

Good news, it looks like the clevis pins for the rig are still there.
  10. Sailor Sue

Sailing to Dock

Assuming your boat has a tiller, and if you only need to move a quarter mile, have you considered sculling your boat? We once sculled a Catalina 22 about a mile on the Erie Canal when we lost the outboard. If you can pick a light wind day, or an on shore breeze, it's even easier.
  11. Sailor Sue

Choking Diesel

Would it be simpler to just keep more fuel in the tank?
  12. Sailor Sue

Handling Issues while docking

First thing I would do is run a low stretch line between the two docks from the outboard dock post to the dock. Stretch the line as tight as possible and then hang two or three fenders at appropriate locatations. Then figure out the best place for a spring line to stop the boat before it can...
  13. Sailor Sue

Need retainer for Barient 10P winch

I'd try a good hardware store to find something close. No reason it has to be an exact match as long as you can make it fit.
  14. Sailor Sue

Collision today

Also, very lucky the mast didn't come down!
  15. Sailor Sue

Solar Panel Odd Failure

What sort of warranty do the panels have? When I saw the difference between a flex panel warranty and the rigid panel (3 or 4 years vs 18-20 years) we went with the rigid.