Recent content by pzmaria

1. pzmaria

1992 Beneteau Oceanis 370

I just received some pics from the owner. Hull plate and engine picture.
  2. pzmaria

That is a positive info. I am having a hard time to get info about the engine from the owner of this boat as he is mechanically illiterate. All I found out about the engine is, that it is still the original. Maybe owners of this model enlighten me and tell me what was the model of engine...
  3. pzmaria

I'm considering a purchase of this nice boat. It is fitted with a Volvo diesel. Owner says that there is some problems with the motor. Couldn't explain what is the issue, but hopefully can get more info later in the week. As a mechanic I'm not afraid to pull wrenches and get dirty. I have worked...
  4. pzmaria

1988 O'Day 35

What about the Westerbeke engine? There was a Universal 25XP on my Catalina. Loved that engine as most parts were coming from Cubota 950 at great discount prices.
  5. pzmaria

1988 O'Day 35

The plan is to keep it there as I spend most of the time there. Are the bolts creating any problems like rust, micro cracks etc? Are they accessible from the bilge well? As for the price, you think it is still high with the upgrades listed? Any problems with blistering on the hull? What should I...
  6. pzmaria

1988 O'Day 35

Hello all members and owners. I'm looking for some pointers and advice on this boat. Recently I sold my 1987 Catalina30 and now looking at 1988 35-O'Day apparently in "good" shape. I would love to hear opinions, advice, pointers etc what to look for when checking out this boat. The boat is...
  7. pzmaria

Fiberglass repair

Decided to make this repair. Just opened the hood over the hatch. Found tons of silicone and dirt. Started to clean all areas and open all existing screw holes to fill them with mixed epoxy/fibreglass and re-drill them later. Next will be drilling small holes away from the damage to establish...
  8. pzmaria

Fiberglass repair

9. pzmaria

Fiberglass repair

Do you think there is only one pipe on the edge like on the picture? Or many pipes placed parallel thru the entire deck? That would complicate the repair which I intend to make. Thanks for your input about the pipe purpose.
  10. pzmaria

Fiberglass repair

Strange but it is definitely a steel pipe. I even checked it with the magnet so it is carbon steel and the rust on the pipe is spreading fibreglass. Is it there for reinforcement of the opening? Just trying to get as much info as possible before I open this disaster.
  11. pzmaria

Fiberglass repair

Hello owners. Looking for your experienced advice how to approach this project. First of all how the water is getting inside this area. Second, looks like there is a steel pipe that is expanding with rust causing the crack to grow. What is this pipe (pipes) for, what is the purpose for being...
  12. pzmaria

Looking for advice and solutions to my genoa

Hello members. My genoa foot is rubbing on a rail when fully furled out. It keeps wearing the bottom and need to find a solution. It's a Catalina30-std rig. Not quite sure but it looks like 110 genoa. Any suggestions? Attached are pics how it looks and how it wears. Sorry about my finger in...
  13. pzmaria

Rust problem

Hello members, I have quite extensive problem with rust showing and discolouring everything around. It's and older (1986) Cat30. After cleaning rusty spots just after 1-2 days at sea they come back and make everything look ugly. Any ideas what is causing this and is there anything I can do to...
  14. pzmaria

Receiving Radio Weather Fax

Brian, at this time I'm in Calgary AB and was receiving faxes from New Orlean.
  15. pzmaria

Receiving Radio Weather Fax

I found a way to go directly with a hardwire from the radio to my iPad microphone. Connecting thru 3.5mm male to 2x female stereo 4 pole splitter and regular 3 pole sound cable I was able to go directly to iPad microphone. That eliminates any outside sounds from the boat. For fine tuning I used...