Recent content by Mechone

1. M

Boom catching in the back stays B331

I use stainless split rings for years on all pins , goose neck. vang . lifelines and safeties on all turnbuckles they are strong and less likely to catch on you or your sail
  2. M

Interior Mold Solution Needed

It takes 60 minutes after treatment for the ozone to neutralize from( o3 ozone) back into (o2 oxygen) .I have a hottub that also has an ozone generator killing 99.9% of all bacteria reducing the use of nasty chemicals ,90% of all hot tubs have one installed from factory.The concentration must...
  3. M

They definitely need to dehumidify ,I have a/c and no mold ,I bought one to do it once a year in the spring after 6 months on the hard after winter, sometimes you get some mold . I know people who have had nasty smells from diesel leaks ,bilge etc that has gone into upholstery etc and have rid...
  4. M

There are people that I know use them all the time safely . Their boats have no mold or smell ,the gas is gone from the boat within hours. Usually when they are leaving turn it on for 2 hrs next day boat has no smells .I just bought one.
  5. M

Ozone generator turn on the timer for 2 hrs and get out . There are company's that use this to rid boat of mold give access to bilge too so gas can get everywhere get a 10,000 unit about 125.00 on ebay It kills all the spores however you still must clean the dead mold using above methods
  6. M

Mid ship cleat

I guess you missed the title of the thread..most people are quite a where they can drill thru the boat , The point of the thread was not to drill into the boat ,I know I could have done the obvious
  7. M

Mid ship cleat

A little update ,I have had no problems whatsoever ,no chafe and have used this cleat to stop the boat dead coming into the slip numerous times this season. The boat is over 12,000 lbs
  8. M

DC Bonding questions

Buy a galvanic isolator ebay has the best prices ,I purchased mine from England for half the money they want here with a lifetime warranty.
  9. M

Taking on water

Have you checked your volvo dripless on drive shaft ..Keel bolts tight?I've seen a beneteau taking on water heeled over as the keel opened up as bolts were not tight enough
  10. M

Taking on water

Your pump has diaphragms ,you may need a kit ,I also installed a second pump rule and second hose to the back using a y into the locker drain thruhull
  11. M

Leaking forward fresh water tank - Beneteau 423

My boat has 2x 50 gal poly tanks ,with inspection port holes ,one under v berth and one port side of engine starboard side is 2 8d batteries
  12. M

Where the heck is my electric bilge pump?

most are under the salon seat, mine is
  13. M

Coach side stripings

Vinylstriping.com sells 3m and is where I bought the cove strip for my last boat made the boat look like new .Colour samples are available to match. They also do custom lettering … your boat name
  14. M

Mast Base Rivet Holes Sheared

I have had a spreader welded ,and have sent 4 other people that have had their masts welded. You just need to find the right company with the right equipment. Welding anodized must be done at high frequency 400hz most shops tig welders are at 60 hz and cannot do it with good results. Bump...
  15. M

Poll: How do you pronounce it? (Clevis)

Funny how the English language ,changes from country to country and spelling too. In Canada we use "ee" for z zebra, We spell pay cheque, check is to check on something, color is colour. In England tires is spelt tyres.