Recent content by Mechone

1. M

Cast iron keel

On my 351 I installed a teardrop style on each wing with the narrow part facing forward.On my buddies 375 we installed one on each side of the keel midway same way narrow part facing forward. Mine has lasted 2 years and needs to be changed this year, however I'm only in the water from end of...
  2. M

Engine Crane - Engine Mount Install w/ pics

In Quebec all dingys must be registered regardless of hp If they are going out of Canada
  3. M

However people charge more for a15hp and so does Yamaha ,and it's the same motor and in Canada any boat over 10hp must be registered and tax paid
  4. M

Find a Yamaha 9.9 2 stroke made up until 2012 I believe (79 lbs) change the reeds out and it becomes a 15hp and still weighs (79 lbs) ,did it mine and it scary how fast the boat is . I have a 270 RIB
  5. M

Cast iron keel

Washed with water then por15 it cures better with moisture I believe if memory serves me, then sanded lightly por15 then 2000 e if you use por15 don't get it on you ,you will have to sand it off
  6. M

Cast iron keel

Drilled and tapped then 2 stainless Allen head cap screws.I'm also in fresh water I use micron which is pretty hard
  7. M

Cast iron keel

I did that to mine for 3 years ospho and 2000e and kept getting rust every year. 2 years ago ospho ,por15 ,then 4 coats of 2000e ,last coat of 2000e when still tacky I painted the micron. My buddy too kept getting rust ,we then added 2 tear drop zincs to the keel ,one each side 2 years ago, no...
  8. M

Odd behavior of Dometic AC/Heat unit

If you have the stat in heat mode and the temperature is dropping ,I would guess it is still in A/C as the reverse solenoid is stuck and is common .My manual clearly states to switch it into heat mode every so often to prevent this from happening . With the unit on give a tap on the solenoid...
  9. M

furling main

Thanks that's what I'm at ,Neil pride has quoted ,UK, north and precision.so for Neil pride and north have told me the slot had to be min 5/8 opening some beneteau masts had a smaller slot.North says they have gone to thinner battens,have not heard yet from others
  10. M

Y33 chainplates?

T5 titanium chain plates ,Allied titanium google it
  11. M

Poor venting by design

Back to Ozone I can tell you hands down it works and the odors do not come back. I purchased one off ebay , a cat went into my car thru the open sun roof and sprayed into the car . The car was steam cleaned several times and the odor left ,however every time it rained or was damp out the smell...
  12. M

furling main

Has anyone replaced their original furling main ,with one with vertical battens increasing the roach ,giving 20 -25 % more sail area. Looking for some feed back before making the plunge
  13. M

Keel gap normal? Best fix?

Check all the bolts , a 3/4 drive breaker bar works great . I can tell by your photo ,if there was a matrix problem the keel would be pushing up at the back not flat. I'd almost bet your bolts are not tight. You may want to dig out each side and get some 5200 quick dry in there before you...
  14. M

Looking at a First 375

Because the keel had hit something you want to do a careful inspection of the stringers .When the keel hits the front pulls down and the back pushes up ,this can cause stringers to become detached or crack away from the hull.On newer Beneteaus they are glued and the glue pops and the keel will...
  15. M

Keel gap normal? Best fix?

I also replaced my bolts, tighten up all your keel bolts and fill the gap with 5200 as they did at the factory. I upgraded my bolts from 8.8 to 10.9 . I also welded up 1/4 inch s/s plates with guset's all around joining the 2 bolts together instead of 2 separate washers and a large plate...