Registered users don't see ads

jssailem's Recent Activity

1. jssailem liked markwbird's post in the thread Who's an ex-racer?.

I like to race mainly because it gets me out on the water regularly. It’s scheduled sailing. I also like the social aspect of be out...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM
  2. jssailem liked All U Get's post in the thread Almost lost the dinghy.

After adding the shock cords to the painter, there has been a notable decrease in the snapping of that line while we’re at anchor with...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:42 AM
  3. jssailem replied to the thread Hollow Braid Rope?.

That is an interesting idea. If you can get an eye that will stay open and not hangup it could be helpful to keep the deck from getting...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:42 AM
  4. jssailem replied to the thread eye candy.

Those boats are just so fast.... Here is a warm water boat that looks fun. The Moth... [MEDIA]

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:35 AM
  5. jssailem replied to the thread Stand up cruisers.

P47... the A10 of WWII. Somewhere I heard it described as the tank of the sky's. Pilots liked the P47's survivability. The Timex motto...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM
  6. jssailem liked jon hansen's post in the thread Stand up cruisers.

[IMG] P47. the guy in the photo is the pilot that flew that plane in WWII. very 'bad ass' i think. i have a copy of that plane in my...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:20 AM
  7. jssailem liked spike's post in the thread Barient 23 Self Tailer troubles.

It took approximately forever to upload to youtube; I think I'll just leave it there. I've got more boat-work to do!

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:19 AM
  8. jssailem replied to the thread Got it all apart.

Nice Job @spike Agree that the design leaves a bit to be desired if you want to clean and service the winch each year. Removing the...

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:14 AM
  9. jssailem replied to the thread Stand up cruisers.

Jon... P51?

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:47 AM
  10. jssailem replied to the thread Hollow Braid Rope?.

I understand your stretch comment if you are running the jacklines from a bow attachment point to a stern attachment point along the...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:42 AM
  11. jssailem replied to the thread Mid Winter Cruise Approaching.

You're a tough bird Terry. Besides you owe me a couple of sails. I think there was a promised beer in Coopeville swinging from anchor. I...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:18 AM
  12. jssailem replied to the thread Les and John’s 2019 EXTREME Winter Cruise.

So true. It was an epic Pacific Northwest Sail. But as Les shared Phil H could not stop talking about the numbers of views the thread...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:09 AM
  13. jssailem liked Terry Cox's post in the thread Les and John’s 2019 EXTREME Winter Cruise.

Sheesh John, it was open yesterday when I passed through. The operator was nowhere in sight, as I could have made the appropriate...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM
  14. jssailem liked LeslieTroyer's post in the thread Les and John’s 2019 EXTREME Winter Cruise.

@Terry Cox I believe Phil H asked to move it to this area to get broader readership.

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM
  15. jssailem replied to the thread eye candy.

Where did you get that image Jon... The brunette laying down looks a little like Jackie Kennedy. But on a Buccaneer? no. The CAL40 is a...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:03 AM