Engineer

John Tubb

Male, from Huntsville, AL

Wishing I was sailing everyday... Mar 16, 2017

John Tubb was last seen:
Viewing latest content, Aug 19, 2018 at 5:08 AM
    1. mccadamsoday
      mccadamsoday
      Hello John. I am Randall McCadams up in West Tennessee (McKenzie) and sail an O'day 222 but looking for a 25. That rough 25 that you mentioned in your May 19 post is it still available? I don't mind projects and want a 25 for the headroom in the galley. My 222 is only 4 feet tall and I want to be able to stand up (5'10"). Thanks for any info, location, price, etc that you might be willing to give...Randall
      1. John Tubb likes this.
      2. John Tubb
        John Tubb
        It is very rough, owner had not sailed it in a very long time and had not left the dock in years. The compression post and bulkheads were roted out at the base, sails were toast and motor was rough. Also no trailer so at the price he is asking is just crazy. Also photos are old and it was pretty bad inside.
        May 30, 2018
      3. John Tubb
        John Tubb
        At 5' 10 you will only have stand up with the hatch open still. I'm 5' 11" but it is better then 4' for sure.

I'd keep looking unless you can get it for no more then $2000. My 25 is great but I'm in new sails ($1300) and motor ($1600) this year so I'm not selling unless someone really wanted it and then I have to get $5,500.
        May 30, 2018
      4. John Tubb
        John Tubb
        May 30, 2018
    2. John Tubb
      John Tubb
      Wishing I was sailing everyday...
  • About

State or Province where your boat is moored:
    Huntsville, AL
    Engineer
    Boat brand:
    O'Day
    Boat model:
    Boat Name:
    Easy
    Year built:
    State or Province:
    AL
    Country Code:
    US
    Home port:
    Guntersville, AL
    Previous Boats:
    I built a extended 13' Mini-Camper Cruiser for fishing creeks and protected water areas.

https://www.portableboatplans.com/mini-camper-cruiser.php
    Owner bio:
    Last time I sailed was 15 years ago, so starting with the family this summer. Family sailing is a ton of fun!

Signature

1976 O'Day 25 "Easy"
    Our Adventures