Recent content by john on haze

1. john on haze

Deck winch problem

Sorry I can't offer a solution but wish I had asked the same question before I applied some persuasion to remove a footblock from C320. It eventually came loose with a bit of the gel coat still attached. :cry: So definitely go easy. Be interested in where I can source this solvent in Australia...
  2. john on haze

Whisker Pole for C320

Good point Ted. I'll be on the boat tomorrow and will look at how a 12' pole might sit on the deck. Even though it is only 2' longer than a Forespar 10-18, I definitely need to consider how it will be stored and working it on the foredeck. Will also check the potential weight.
  3. john on haze

Whisker Pole for C320

Thanks for this Graycruiser. I'm guessing that you are using a Forespar LC10-18 and are happy to set it from mast to clew going between the shrouds. As shown in the video and as you suggest, using the correct topping lift, down haul and even a foreguy, should stop the pole from causing trouble...
  4. john on haze

Whisker Pole for C320

Good video Thanks Joe for your response. I've watched that video - does a great job of showing how it should be done. I always thought pole should go forward of the shrouds but some comments I've read on other forums talk about connecting the pole to shrouds or lifelines - sounds dodgy to...
  5. john on haze

Whisker Pole for C320

Hi, I'm a new Catalina owner and new to this forum so please forgive me if this question has been raised before. I'm looking at setting up a whisker pole on my Catalina 320, hull #861 and was wondering how others may have done this. I'm looking to use the pole only in light winds (5-10 knots) as...