Registered users don't see ads
John Nantz
Last Activity:
Dec 7, 2017

John Nantz

John Nantz was last seen:
Dec 7, 2017
    1. There are no messages on John Nantz's profile yet.
  • About

Boat brand:
    Hunter
    Boat model:
    Legend 35
    Boat Name:
    Servus
    Year built:
    State or Province:
    WA
    US
    Home port:
    Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
    Previous Boats:
    #1: Bangor Main steam-bent round bottom, 12-ft Lateen rigged cat boat with dagger board. Sailed San Francisco Bay, Hunter's Point to Alviso.

#2 Falcon Class 16-ft daysailer designed by McVay, fractional rigged sloop with swing-up centerboard and swing-up rudder, with cuddy.

Cruised Narraganset Bay, sailed to Block Island, placed 4th in the Falcon Nationals (16 fleets represented), sailed length of Lake Tahoe in one afternoon, San Francisco Bay, sailed out the Golden Gate and down the coast. Very fun boat, easy to tow, and reasonably dry sailer. Stayed overnight on her using a boom tent and sleeping bags. Nice stowage for a 16-ft daysailer.
    Owner bio:
    Crewed on a boat in New Zealand from Picton to Wellington across Cook's Strait
    Crewed on a Cal 40 out of Saint Francis Yacht Club (won a 1st in the Cal 40 fleet)
    Crewed on a C&C 36 skipper later became president of PHRF Northwest

Circumnavigated Vancouver Island 1991 (no loran or GPS)
    Queen Charlottes via Cape Scott to Cape St. James, direct (world's tallest measured waves were along this rout at the time we went, 103 feet! Measured with an oil derrick. We went through the area at night in a sou'wester. And Yes, I was nervous.

Cruised Alaska in 2001 - highlights: Tracy Arm, Auk Bay (3 whales went under boat at one time "bubble fishing", Sitka, salmon (5 in 30 minutes). Great trip!

"Sailed" (cargo ship) from McMurdo in the Antarctic to Christchurch, New Zealand. Southern Ocean, experienced major seas on trip. It was terrible! I swear the props started to come out of the water and I was sure the ship would capsize, but it didn't.
    "Many thanks to the U.S. Navy for the experience" (And if you believe that ....).