Recent content by jkandris

1. jkandris

Open CPN and Tablets

Hey Everyone, Just curious who is running openCPN on a tablet and what tablet they are using. Ive gotten it to run very well on my laptop but the tablet well that is a different story. Its very glitchy and sucks at loading the maps. Ive taken into consideration that the tablet isnt new but I...
  2. jkandris

Making steady progress and new question

Nor do I want to start one. Just curious. This sounds alike the glock v/s 1911 debate which I am also not touching. lol
  3. jkandris

humm let me guess lol. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
  4. jkandris

Exactly. I grew up on Rap so she truly is my home waters. Fished it, Crabbed it, Oystered it, Etc. Im looking at either Chesapeake Boat Basin, Yankee Point Marina, or another in Reedville that the name evades me at the moment
  5. jkandris

Nice. Currently its in Hopewell. Ill more than likely be in Reedville or Lancaster county, (home territory) still working out the details on the marina but when we bring her around I intend to stop in Hampton or Norfolk for the night and then hit the bay part in the morning.
  6. jkandris

Thank you I appreciate it. I just cant stop working on it. I want it ready to go by the end of April for sea trials/shakedown. I intend to move it to a marina that has much better access to the Chesapeake bay. Currently its a half day motoring before I have enough water to even think about...
  7. jkandris

How is everyone's projects coming, we've been working like dogs and have gotten a bit a head of schedule (for now). Interior roughly 90 % complete just have a few pieces of wall covering still to do and a bunch of smaller projects, new lighting installed. This weekend Ill reinstall the...
  8. jkandris

Loos Gauge

Thanks Doug I bought the same one.
  9. jkandris

Tips for Lazarette please

Any tips or trick for ensuring the lazarette lid is dry on a 1978 Oday 25. I cant seem to stop this one tiny little drip its driving me crazy lol.. Thanks
  10. jkandris

Clevis Pin Assortment

Thanks Cowpokee, Those do look quite a bit easier.
  11. jkandris

Clevis Pin Assortment

Fair point Stu.. Time to measure lol.
  12. jkandris

Clevis Pin Assortment

Its a restoration project so i want to replace as much as possible with new gear
  13. jkandris

Clevis Pin Assortment

Hey Yall, Has anyone found an assortment box of Clevis pins, cotter pins and rings that works well. Im trying not to buy them one at a time. West Marine has a couple of kits https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--150-piece-rigging-kit--7872401?recordNum=1...
  14. jkandris

Galley Rebuild

What I was most curious about is the icebox, Im not sure if I can save it or not. I mean it is 41 years old. If the top didnt have so much rot in it I would simply make a front to go down to the deck and go sailing but I would rather get it right now then have another mess to deal with later...
  15. jkandris

Galley Rebuild

Wow Bletso, that looks amazing..