Recent content by Igetit80

1. Igetit80

Help needed with trailer strategy

Nice work, and you are lucky to have adjustable bunks. Mine are welded so I'll need to keep the replacement axle(s) as close to oem as possible, height-wise. Thanks for sharing your experience!
  2. Igetit80

That's how I got here. Any chance the Fort Walton Yacht Club has a small boat lift available? :biggrin:
  3. Igetit80

Same in Indiana for the weight requirement, but no annual inspection. Yep, I'm seeing actuators on some systems that have both hydraulic and electronic components. I thought the rule of thumb was electric for RVs and hydraulic for boats for the same reason its bad to drop a toaster into the...
  4. Igetit80

Rick, I have zero experience with salt water, so how much does it help if you hose down the trailer after each submersion? I'm hoping to do the Northern Gulf Coast and East Coast Cruises with the club this year, the trailer would get dunked 4 times total, all other use being fresh water. Before...
  5. Igetit80

I like the idea of disc brakes. If I go with tandem axles, would you recommend installing brakes on both? It seems like balance would be good for handling and control, but I'm not sure if that would make the hydraulic system harder to work effectively. I'm pretty sure I've seen discs installed...
  6. Igetit80

Right, so being a critical thinker you requested the upgrade and justified the cost. I can't see why these boat builders and trailer manufacturers cut it so close to the gross weight limit. If they ever started getting hit with product liability lawsuits like say, the small aircraft...
  7. Igetit80

Based on the reading I have done here and elsewhere I am planning to convert to a tandem axle setup. The original trailers shipped with single axles rated at 3500 lbs, and there are multiple sources citing swing keel New Design C22's coming in well over the advertised displacement, even with...
  8. Igetit80

Thanks Gene, I appreciate the offer.
  9. Igetit80

I have read that it greatly improves the ride of the overall rig, but can make it a little harder to back in tight spaces. The other side of the argument seems to be that one sufficiently heavy axle is just as good.
  10. Igetit80

Agreed, that's always a good reason to do the work yourself. I've done brakes on my car, but for some reason axles on a boat trailer seem like a bigger liability in case of an accident. Maybe I can find a shop or welder like LakeShark.
  11. Igetit80

In the single vs tandem axle debate, that seems to be the preferred approach by some.
  12. Igetit80

I have an 87 Catalina 22 swing keel in great shape. It came with an 89 Trail-Rite trailer with drum brakes that are totally inoperative. The axle is a "drop" type, attachment points have old-school lug bolts. Surface rust appears on the leaf springs and brake housings, but overall the frame and...
  13. Igetit80

Another C22 dinette project

Inspired by others on this forum, I decided to see what I could do with an aging OEM dinette table that was badly delaminating around the edges with an outdated finish and unnecessary heft. This is my third sailboat, and though not the largest I have owned, its in the best shape as I found it...
  14. Igetit80

2002 Hunter 270, need jib furler track line (halyard?) diameter

Thanks Dave, CDI part number 1932. Looks like I need 34' of 1/4" line.
  15. Igetit80

2002 Hunter 270, need jib furler track line (halyard?) diameter

I need to replace the line that runs up the foil track on my jib furler, the boat is a 2002 Hunter 270 (same boat as the 260 but with wing keel and inboard diesel). Does anyone know the diameter of that line, and the length? Trying to find the replacement part online but not sure if the proper...