FastOlson's Recent Activity

1. FastOlson attached a file to the thread Here is what a current boat survey looks like.

Our small diesel did not come with a "shut off" system, altho I can understand why that might be a good thing. We do have the indicator...

engine front view.jpg May 26, 2019 at 1:10 PM
  2. FastOlson liked jon hansen's post in the thread Here is what a current boat survey looks like.

having gone to and passed and certified by a maritime fire fighting school and know of the dangers of a vessel fire at sea, i must tell...

May 26, 2019 at 1:05 PM
  3. FastOlson replied to the thread Here is what a current boat survey looks like.

As for the "cheap answer" (and that is why builders do that) of installing a port thru which to spray dry powder into the engine...

May 26, 2019 at 11:19 AM
  4. FastOlson replied to the thread Here is what a current boat survey looks like.

My '88 boat also has a factory Halon bottle with heat-activated dispenser. I took it to the vendor that checks and certifies my dry...

May 25, 2019 at 4:39 PM
  5. FastOlson replied to the thread Here is what a current boat survey looks like.

I also see some major problems with the boat, and the survey has some odd misspellings. I also agree with Andrew that the minor problems...

May 24, 2019 at 8:50 PM
  6. FastOlson liked agprice22's post in the thread Efficient Fiberglass Repairs.

Wipe well with acetone before glassing. Do it twice. Lots of bubbles are formed around dust and impurities. Make sure to use rollers to...

May 23, 2019 at 10:48 AM
  7. FastOlson replied to the thread Efficient Fiberglass Repairs.

Before you start evaluating resins for their "cheap" qualities. ..... be aware that West Systems EPOXY is waaaaay different than...

May 23, 2019 at 8:22 AM
  8. FastOlson liked Johnb's post in the thread Time to let go :-(.

I would be tempted to look for someone with a dream and essentially give it away. I know there is a lot of scepticism about taking on a...

May 22, 2019 at 8:15 AM
  9. FastOlson liked DayDreamer41's post in the thread Mounting new radar dome question.

I think if I were replacing ours I would take it off the mast all together and mount on its own mast from the transom, good to get the...

May 21, 2019 at 6:49 PM