Feb 19, 2017 at 5:34 AM
Media:
Albums:
Engineering Consultant

DayDreamer41

Male, from Michigan

DayDreamer41 was last seen:
Viewing thread A better anchor setup, Feb 19, 2017 at 5:34 AM
    1. There are no messages on DayDreamer41's profile yet.
  • About

Engineering Consultant
    Boat brand:
    Hunter
    Boat model:
    41 DS
    Boat Name:
    Sapphire
    Year built:
    State or Province:
    MI
    Un
    Home port:
    Port Huron
    Previous Boats:
    22 Viking
    Owner bio:
    New to Hunter revisiting sailing after many years away
    Recently my wife and I decided to purchase a Hunter 41 DS in lieu of a cottage on the lake, ironically enough we closed on the Sapphire on Sept 1, 2016, spent a couple of days in Muskegon MI becoming familiar with the vessel and then proceeded to sail her back to Port Huron MI where she is now a resident.
    This is something special to us as I hadn't captained a boat for many years and had never piloted one of this size, my Admiral has only been on a few day sails prior to our ownership. We returned home without incident, sailing and motor sailing all the way, even flew the spinnaker a couple of days during the down winded legs up Lake Michigan, we witnessed some fairly large seas and hit 11.5 knots a few times with the genny while running the Yanmar 54 hp engine at 1500 RPM. The Sapphire is very well maintained vessel and a joy to sail, it is so very nice to be once again sailing the high seas (lakes).

Signature

Sometimes GOD calms the storm, At other times HE calms the sailor and sometimes he makes us swim........ Anonymous