Recent content by Cat 310 #1 in GA

1. C

Stopping Leaks with the Magic of Butyl Tape

I bought the gaskets from Lewmar and the fix was quick & simple which is what I like. Only problem is that I had to buy like 30 of the gaskets so whenever I meet another 310 owner I give them a couple gaskets...
  2. C

Time to Add Solar--Vendor/Brand Suggestions.

I believe Sunpower to be the best quality panels in terms of efficiency on the market and purchased mine from: www.custommarineproducts.com Highly recommended.
  3. C

C-301 Forward Berth Mattress

We have removed it a few times and it's not pretty but can be done. Bend it, squeeze it and push like hell! bob
  4. C

Battery watering system

I have a system like that for my golf cart and am not impressed with it. Main thing is that batteries rarely need water. I check them regularly in the Catalina 310 and estimate that I have to add water about once per year. So why have a watering system that is expensive and not very effective?
  5. C

Propeller

Mine has a 13 x 10 which I just had reduced to 13 x 9
  6. C

Changing antifreeze

I found some Youtube videos and followed them. Specific to engine type of course. Easy with my 2GM20F and I used Yanmar brand antifreeze mixture to refill. bob
  7. C

Catalina 310 Mattress Replacement

We looked into this quite a bit and there was no reasonable solution for a replacement mattress. So we finally tried a Lucid 2" gel infused memory foam topper that cost $60-70 (queen size). We cut it with scissors and it is perfect. Solved our problem and we even bought a 3" version for our...
  8. C

Navionics vs C-Map

Am leaning toward C-Map on the Raymarine chartplotter which supports active captain. Used C-Map on the Plan 2 Nav app on my tablet and the charts were always excellent.
  9. C

Navionics vs C-Map

Thanks for some good information. However, i do not think Navionics charts have activecaptain, do they? The app does for sure but not the charts. That is what i was told by the raymarine dealer and have confirmed it online. Seems like it should get there soon since garmin owns both...
  10. C

Navionics vs C-Map

Was wondering if anyone has experience between these two charting software? I will need to choose one or the other for my new Raymarine chart plotter and I know that Navionics seems to be more popular but C-Map has active captain which i find useful. Is there that much difference in the charts...
  11. C

Battery maintenance for dummies

I have a couple of those battery filler jugs and have used them for several years on both of my boats and golf cart. They work great on all. Used to check my batteries every month or two but they rarely need to have water added to them and I do keep them plugged in all the time year-round at...
  12. C

Sanitation Hose Replacement

"Peggy recommends a short coupling to do that, but we didn’t have one and the cable ties worked fine for us." What coupling do you recommend Peggy? Thanks... bob
  13. C

Mantus anchor

Perfect storm anchor. Would fit on the bed in the V berth!
  14. C

Sanitation Hose Replacement

Am interested in hearing about this also. Type and length of hose etc...
  15. C

Mantus anchor

Thanks Stu - looks good.