Recent content by Brezzin

1. Brezzin

Hunter 49 Table Drop

Nope never removed the leaf. Can't imagine any reason to. Regarding the bench, It's usually out.
  2. Brezzin

Hunter 49 Table Drop

Silicone. Thats a very good idea. Thanks Art
  3. Brezzin

Hunter 49 Table Drop

I've dropped the table on many occasions. Never needed or used the short legs that that you can buy. Never had any issues. The table is very heavy so two people to drop is recommended
  4. Brezzin

Hunter 490 - seeking advice re sailability / livability

It’s a great boat for what your planning
  5. Brezzin

hypalon or pvc?

Is the fabric smooth (hypalon) or kind of waffly and rough (PVC)
  6. Brezzin

ROCNA ANCHOR

I’ve got a Rocna 40kg (88#) on my bow with the OEM windless Which is a lewmar V2-3
  7. Brezzin

Important notice re: Splendide Washer / Dryer combo

I feel your pain. My washer pump went a couple of years ago. although getting the replacement pump and doing the actual repair was easy, getting access was the killer just like you described.
  8. Brezzin

Docking Recommendations at or Near the Connecticut River Mouth

All motion. The ferrys are the worst. The plus side is it’s a short sail to west harbor on fishers island which is a great place to anchor for the night.
  9. Brezzin

I crew on a boat out of the Thames YC for Wed night races. Nice place, good people, low cost moorings but I agree totally with RobG, not a place to spend the night on the boat.
  10. Brezzin

East Hadam is a beautiful town. Look into the brewers marinas in Essex. About six miles up from the mouth of the river. I would also look into places east of the river like New London or Mystic. East haddam is on the east side of the river and all the marinas are on the west side.
  11. Brezzin

Grease for Variprop?

You just spent how much on that prop? I know how much mine was. I don't think you should be penny pinching here or experimenting Pay the 59.00 and go in confidence that the prop will last
  12. Brezzin

Light in GPS antenna flashing

But the power to the plotter and the gps are two different things. Look at the GPS as a stand alone item that is simply lacking a screen to view the output. It's powered by a Seatalk connection, not the plotter. By turning off the plotter you simply are no longer displaying the data output...
  13. Brezzin

Why the race to the bottom....?

Every body wants 3 things when the buy something- Great quality Great Service Great Price Problem is you usually only get two of the three, some time less. The nice thing is you get to choose which two you get.
  14. Brezzin

West Neck Harbor, Shelter Island

I agree with the comment about registrations. I never put the sticker on the boat (it registered) and I got stopped right as I was leaving Dering harbor. 10 years and never an issue until then.
  15. Brezzin

Fluxgate Compass

I don't have a watermaker I actually had to move my compass because it was to close to that forward battery. Every time I used an electric winch, my autopilot did a "crazy ivan"