Recent content by bentwing60

1. bentwing60

Plan "B"

Wow, I learned to fly for a living before I learned to sail. Silly priorities I guess, but that was"my world" of what if's. Trust me, they still haven't quit inventing them. And for the last 27 years I have relied on a well maintained boat and the homework to learn how to use it all. "Jackdaw"...
  2. bentwing60

How to Set a Genoa Sail Car

Yes, on the main 1st (lowest) set just above the first reef line, 2nd set about mid-sail and 3rd set a couple of panels below the head.
  3. bentwing60

Thanks "Apex", and yes, I have tattletales on the "luff" of both the jib and the main. I don't pay that much attention to the leech tattletales on the main anymore as I have gotten old and lazy and if the "belly" of the sail is working the leech will generally fall in step. Put a set of...
  4. bentwing60

Actually, throw anything you want off the boat, It gets lighter. And if you throw it off the bow, will the GPS show it.
  5. bentwing60

Been following this thread since its inception with some amusement and incredulity. Clearly, the bar fight over how a sail provides thrust, (that is what makes one move, is it not) will not be settled here. Crawled out of my office the other day after flying it back from SNA to Dallas at 45,000...
  6. bentwing60

Where does the Anti-freeze go?

Rick, if it does it every year, consider it reliable. Put some more in it and enjoy the season. That's why you check and consider it an opportunity to be right every once in a while.
  7. bentwing60

The 800 Pound Gorilla .....

Same, same Dometic and all of their captives. Painful to deal with and to watch.
  8. bentwing60

Proper way to tow the sailboat?

I would not tow a sailboat by the mast! Especially a deck stepped mast, as it was designed for compression loads, not shear. I have towed, but not been towed, and rigged a bridle off the bow cleats, which are designed for shear loads.
  9. bentwing60

Horizon express motor

I suspect the part # has been superceded by a later one. Only way to know is call and ask.
  10. bentwing60

GPSMAP 78s

Re: Hay Bentwing60 No, the Red is non-navigable below Texoma. Gotta use a hauler.
  11. bentwing60

GPSMAP 78s

Re: Hay Bentwing60 Hey Rag Baagger' No, the
  12. bentwing60

GPSMAP 78s

13. bentwing60

It's really not free

This the AviatiorJames of FA fame? Anyway, kinda reminds me of the old boater adage, "Two best days in a boaters life, the day someone gave him a boat, and the day he gave it away" or something like that.
  14. bentwing60

Noisy wheel-drive autopilot

Can you say made in china.
  15. bentwing60

Noisy wheel-drive autopilot

Re: That is the belt/clutch adjustment Since Raymarine won't answer my question, I guess Vegas did . Will a grey drive unit work with an ST4000+ unit with the rru. is the electrical connection the same?