scan  This was mast raising the old way.  Regardless of which way you decide to raise/lower your mast there are certain rules that you need to go by or you chance losing your mast over the side with a broken  tabernacle.

1. Always have the wind coming directly from aft i f you are raising the mast from  aft and visa versa if raising from the bow.  
2. The boat and/or the boat sitting on the trailer needs o be level from side to side.  
3. Take your time and be on the lookout for snags or twist in the stays.
4.  Watch out for overhead obstructions like tree branches and wires.  
5. If your stays have T bar fittings that fit into slots in the mast, make sure that they are seated correctly.   You can buy rubber mast plugs that fit into the slots with hold the T bar in place.  
6. If you have a good roller furler like the CDI or Harken, I suggest that you install pivot bridles and baby stays.   Otherwise have someone hold the furler in line with the mast as it goes up or comes down.
Joe11688

scan This was mast raising the old way. Regardless of which way you decide to raise/lower your mast there are certain rules that you need to go by or you chance losing your mast over the side with a broken tabernacle. 1. Always have the wind coming directly from aft i f you are raising the mast from aft and visa versa if raising from the bow. 2. The boat and/or the boat sitting on the trailer needs o be level from side to side. 3. Take your time and be on the lookout for snags or twist in the stays. 4. Watch out for overhead obstructions like tree branches and wires. 5. If your stays have T bar fittings that fit into slots in the mast, make sure that they are seated correctly. You can buy rubber mast plugs that fit into the slots with hold the T bar in place. 6. If you have a good roller furler like the CDI or Harken, I suggest that you install pivot bridles and baby stays. Otherwise have someone hold the furler in line with the mast as it goes up or comes down.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Gin Pole pics
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata