Hunter Passage42 Main Saloon Berth

Feb 21, 2014
Hunter Passage 42 St Andrews Scotland
Hello. Since buying Casper my Hunter Passage42, I have had great difficulty in making the bed up with the table in the main saloon. Could I get some suggestions on this matter, am I missing a cushion that goes over the saloon table once it is down?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston

Saloon, Salon....

:poke:

But on a serious note, a picture would help us understand your problem.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
The bottom cushion of the starboard settee is the one that fits into the table slot. That cushion should also have two straps with snap buttons that secure it to the under side of the table to keep it from moving. At least that is the way our P42 is set up. Please let me know how that turns out.

Feb 21, 2014
Hello Terry. That is how I have been making it up but, they all slide about and are not a good fit..Does a person lay across the bed or fore and aft?

Bill

Feb 21, 2014
Where would you get that cushion from, the starboard side in the saloon?

Bill

Feb 21, 2014
I'm sorry but I don't understand any of your reply. I was hoping someone with a 42 would know. Terry came up with the idea i have been using but, I have no straps or anything holding the cushions together, they do not fit correctly.

Bill

Dec 25, 2000
Does a person lay across the bed or fore and aft?
Hi Bill, fore and aft. Those straps keep the starboard salon settee from sliding around when the port side settee is made into a berth. One end of each of two straps are sewn onto the underside of our starboard settee seat cushion with female button snaps on the other end of each. Matching male snaps are screwed onto the under side of the salon table. Once placed the settee cushion will not move while made into a port side berth when the salon table is lowered. I'll try to remember to take pics of our setup, which might help. Hope the above clears up the description of our arrangement.

Feb 21, 2014

Saloon, Salon....

:poke:

But on a serious note, a picture would help us understand your problem.
Hi Bill, fore and aft. Those straps keep the starboard salon settee from sliding around when the port side settee is made into a berth. One end of each of two straps are sewn onto the underside of our starboard settee seat cushion with female button snaps on the other end of each. Matching male snaps are screwed onto the under side of the salon table. Once placed the settee cushion will not move while made into a port side berth when the salon table is lowered. I'll try to remember to take pics of our setup, which might help. Hope the above clears up the description of our arrangement.
Hello Terry. It looks like I might have been making it up correctly after all since 2013 but, without the straps, the cushions have just been sliding about and falling off. If there is any chancec of photos of your bed made up showing only the cushions and, a photo of the straps, I would very much appreciate that.
Thanks again. Bill

Dec 25, 2000
Hello Terry. It looks like I might have been making it up correctly after all since 2013 but, without the straps, the cushions have just been sliding about and falling off. If there is any chancec of photos of your bed made up showing only the cushions and, a photo of the straps, I would very much appreciate that.
Thanks again. Bill
Hi Bill, finally published an article about the main salon double berth setup for a P42. Hope it helps explain how it all works here: https://hunter.sailboatowners.com/mods.php?task=article&mid=45&aid=100183&mn=42

Dec 25, 2000
H

Hello Terry, that is a great article. Thank you for taking the time and trouble, very much appreciated. Bill Smurthwaite
You're very welcome, Bill. Hope it is of some help. It would seem fairly easy to have those straps made up and sewn onto your starboard settee seat in order to make the berth work for you. In all the years we've had the boat that was the first time I made it up into a berth. Never had a need arise before.