Shake Down Cruise

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
After a year of owning my H30 it was time for a multi-day cruise. My dad, brother and myself left Monday for 4 days of firsts.

We start out from Pt Defiance heading north on motor due to no wind. Around Blake Island then into Elliot Bay where the wind picked up for a nice beam reach into Eagle Harbor. On a buoy over night then a freight train, down wind run to Langley, Wa on Whidbey Island in about 6 hours averaging 6.5 knots. We are staying for the first time on the hook tonight then heading back and hoping for the forecasted northerly for Wednesday. We plan to stay somewhere on north Bainbridge then home. Pictures to come.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
We have a friend who likes to get her foot in a picture where ever she goes too!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Great Post Mike. Your "shakedown" is just what you need. You got to get the guys to smile while on the boat or at least while you're taking their picture.

The hammock shot... While sailing or at rest? While sailing, now that would be a bit ballsy.
Thanks for the morning shot of Everett.
Keep up the sailing. Getting ready. You and your crew in "Round Whidbey Island" race 2020.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Good morning! Looking at Everett and the Cascades at 0600hrs. From Langley/Whidbey Island.
Hi Mike, nice pictures. How was the Langley anchorage? Looks pretty quiet. Spend any time in town?

Dec 28, 2015
The public dock is really nice. Bathrooms close at 9pm and don't open until 10am. But I'm assuming they give you a door code if you pay for dock space. Didn't go into the town. There are about a dozen mooring buoys but the majority of them has derelict boats on them. One was on the hook and smacking into another. We set the hook at the most south end of the moorage. Swung all night northly and switched at about 5am. Didn't drag at all. Nice quiet place

Dec 28, 2015
Great Post Mike. Your "shakedown" is just what you need. You got to get the guys to smile while on the boat or at least while you're taking their picture.

The hammock shot... While sailing or at rest? While sailing, now that would be a bit ballsy.
Thanks for the morning shot of Everett.
Keep up the sailing. Getting ready. You and your crew in "Round Whidbey Island" race 2020.
Hammock shot was post Captains hour.
We are going to take advantage of the northly winds today and head to south Bainbridge. We may end up in Port Orchard for the night then make it back to the home port in the afternoon tomorrow.

Dec 28, 2015
Shake down fix list;

Rebuild toilet- black water backing up into the bowl and allowing it into the flush water side of the pump when dry pumping.

Fix stripped set screws connecting the furler barrel to the coils ( that was a fun one with 20kt winds and not being able to fuel in my 130%

Clean out area under the cockpit. Sleeping in the quarter birth makes you feel like you are sleeping in a repair shop.
Not to bad of a list.