Anchor rubbing mooring line

Sep 22, 2018
Catalina 30 Bristol RI
So I bought a new Mantus anchor and was hoping to keep it on the bowsprit roller. With the angle the mooring line comes off the boat, it looks like the anchor is going to rub against it as the boat swings. I have read some articles about mooring lines being cut this way. Is this really a concern, and should I try to find a different way to store the anchor when moored? It's to large to fit in the anchor well.

Sep 22, 2018
Catalina 30 Bristol RI
Don't think it would make much difference. The anchor would just rub against that instead. I may try to find a way to attach it to the pulpit when moored, and move it to the roller when under way. Mantus makes a bracket, but they want my left lung to buy it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
wait!!! You have a bobstay and you're wondering about an anchor?!? :):):)

gfroch

Jun 5, 2004
Catalina 30 Rochester, NY
Can you run the mooring pendant thru an anchor roller at the end of the bowsprit? That's what I do at anchor.

dwcory

Nov 27, 2013
Catalina 30 Salem, MA
I was keeping our anchor on the bow rollers our first season, and we ended up parting two mooring pendants, fortunately not at the same time. We have a bobstay too. Our current set up: I keep the anchor mounted on the pulpit and only deploy it when we're going to use it. Our current mooring has two pendants, and both have mesh chafe gear on the lines where they rub on the bobstay. We haven't parted a pendant in a number of years.