Saw this odd duck...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like the owner was handy with fiberglass and wanted to be able to stand up in the cabin.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
It looks like a sailboat and a trawler had a baby together

I always wondered why so few sailboats provided protection from foul weather. Visibility in aft cockpit does seem to be a problem in this one

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
That's his kicker if I understand the brochure. Looks like it has an inboard in the brochure. Kind of a cool boat if you want that sort of thing.

I've got the big outboard sailboat...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The HMS 23 has only 600 pounds of ballast, no mention of water ballast and sits very low on her trailer. I love that boat. Owning her is like:
As a beauty, I am not a star.
There are others more handsome, by far,
But my face, I don't mind it,
For I am behind it.
It's those out in front get the jar.​
Onboard, she's gorgeous. Maybe her heeling force is a little high and her ballast a little light for that, but that's a comfy looking weekender.

Now, I wonder what this boat has for ballast. Water?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 14, 2014
Allmand HMS 23 University Marine at Pine Harbor Marina, Pell City AL
I finally found my user name and password so I can now comment on this forum after several years since this photo was taken. I have since moved this odd duck down a few slips to a new location and removed the mast and stays to convert to a trawler for inland waterway touring. I have since acquired a West Wight Potter 19 for sailing so not to completely go to the dark side.