Spring....?

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Closer to Bethel, ME...
Sunday River?
Although our skiing is confined to weekends this past weekend might have been one of the best in years at Loon.

"If you’ve glanced at a weather forecast lately, you know there’s something special happening this week. Monday was an absolutely flawless bluebird day here at the mountain, and it looks like we’re in for more of the same over the next few days. Not only that, but the 19” of snow that fell this weekend has given us some truly exceptional conditions, with outstanding coverage for so late in the season"
But I must admit the boat isn't buried too far in my mind, the Defender sale is right around the corner!

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
We are planning on bringing home our "new to us" motorsailor from Harpswell Maine to Mystic Ct. sometime during the week of May13th. This will be the earliest we've taken a trip and "Not sure what to expect for weather in Maine that time of year." Will probably break the trip up into a few legs the first being from Harpswell Maine to Portsmouth NH which is about 65NM. This will be the first time/trip on the boat other than a few small test sails and I'm trying to plan as best I can. From NH will probably head to Gloucester or possibly Scituate MA and then down to the CC canal. Where pretty familiar with Buzzards Bay down to Mystic and might try one long leg or stop at Cuttyhunk or somewhere near RI depending on the weather.

Oct 30, 2017
Catalina c 27 Lake Pueblo
We also had a rough winter.
We do keep the boat on the lake throughout the year.
Last year we sailed 2-3 weekends a month all winter. This winter we were only able to get out one weekend a month (December we made it out for two weekends).
4678502B-7563-4CD8-B407-C6DD91F14ED8.jpeg
CBB9ED05-9E8E-45AB-A173-1AE87CF9DDE4.jpeg

(These were from my son’s first ever sail, Late December in Colorado)

9D25DD71-60EF-4992-9D03-EE2F26071A54.jpeg

(The wife and “Paul” enjoying a sunny March day. 5 minutes later the wind picked up and we were having a blast in 12kts of wind)

Last winter I did quite a bit of work on the boat in the winter this winter even when we were out it was way to cold for that. This weekend we are heading down for two nights on the boat. I will be doing some minor work this weekend. Hopefully we will have decent winds for some nice sailing as well. If not the new SUP will get it’s first outing.

Here’s to some sun and warmth.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
We’re seeing a weather window for crossing back to the USA this weekend and will probably take it. If we do we’ll be in the Gulf Stream for a while looking for distance while it’s calm. Everyone hide their liquor.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
66 degs here in toledo light winds not off the lake. boats in the shed, ready to go.
took a 40 mile sortie on my motorcycle.
sweet

Oct 30, 2017
Catalina c 27 Lake Pueblo
we had an amazing weekend with highs in the low 70's and lows the upper 40's

The wind could have been more consistent, but with weather that nice we were not complaining.
We sailed both days and got plenty of hiking in as well.

Now fast forward two days, we were in the 80's yesterday and forecasted for a blizzard later today.
Ah, spring in Colorado.

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
Took this today. Spring is here, but the lake doesn't seem to know it. Probably won't be open water till may

Attachments

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
It WAS Spring here for about a week. Back to below 40 yesterday and this morning...just when I was beginning to enjoy wearing shorts again...
Yep- I attended the Farley Boatworks Woodenboat show in Port Aransas. Overnighted on a friends Westsail 32. Took spare shorts and a tee shirt. Was almost 80 on Friday right- Sunday morning woke to 30 mph winds and 49 degrees !!!!