Seayak Seatalk 1 to NMEA communication.

Kopite

Mar 11, 2015
Catalina 27 Monroe MI
Hi, I have old transducers and gauges on board (ST40), but upgraded my chart plotter to a newer device that I came across at a very good price. The Garmin 840XS has neat sailing functions, but without wind and other data input it was no use. I was looking at upgrading the transducers for the new plotter, but also researching alternates that could allow my Seatalk 1 protocol to work through NMEA. I found some pricy options by both routes, but then came across Seayak on Ebay, sold out of Australia. I’m just posting here to let folks know this device exists, is low cost at $40, was simple to hook up, and works great. I have no affiliation... ( yes, I would have liked more accurate wind direction than I get from the Rotavecta, but I can live with it for the $1000+ saved by not buying new transducers..)

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
I went with seayak but had problems of getting it to work with different apps on tablet or phone ,I then found this which works much better has nmea and seatalk, nmea4wifi and has a lot more inputs and is cheap 55.00 on ebay
I see AIS, wind ,depth,speed, dcs,temperature ,auto pilot on tablet

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I went with seayak but had problems of getting it to work with different apps on tablet or phone ,I then found this which works much better has nmea and seatalk, nmea4wifi and has a lot more inputs and is cheap 55.00 on ebay
I see AIS, wind ,depth,speed, dcs,temperature ,auto pilot on tablet
Did I miss where you identify what you found?

Greg

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
The Seatalk-1 to SeaTalkNG/NMEA 2000 from Raymarine is under $100. To get from SeaTalkNG to N2K backbone is one short blue cable and male and female N2K field fittings. Cut the blue cable in half and connect the N2K fittings to the end. Colors all match.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
The Seatalk-1 to SeaTalkNG/NMEA 2000 from Raymarine is under $100. To get from SeaTalkNG to N2K backbone is one short blue cable and male and female N2K field fittings. Cut the blue cable in half and connect the N2K fittings to the end. Colors all match.
I already have that ,however that does not transmit all data wifi to laptop ,phone or tablet unless you have a newer chartplotter that transmits nmea0183. I have a c80 and ( a67 newer ,but no wifi,but allows updates to everthing on ng network

Last edited: