Its funny Friday!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
A sailor sails into the harbor late one night after a grueling ocean passage.

He is exhausted and not looking forward to all the repairs and maintenance work ahead of him, so he takes a walk along the waterfront hoping to find some "distraction" for an hour or two.
He goes into a local establishment and orders a:beer:when a lady of the evening approaches him.

"Hey there sailor. You look like you could use a little company tonight. How about I make you a deal?"
"Yeah? I'm interested. What's tonight's special?";)
The woman of occupation smiles, sizing up the tired sailor and answers, "How about you pay me five hundred dollars, US, and I'll do anything you want as long as you can say it in only three words."
"Five hundred dollars is a lot of money. Are you that good?"
"As long as you can say it in just three words, I will do ANYTHING you want."
The sailor thought for a moment. His eyes brighten as he says, "Repaint my boat."

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
A sailor sails into the harbor late one night after a grueling ocean passage.

He is exhausted and not looking forward to all the repairs and maintenance work ahead of him, so he takes a walk along the waterfront hoping to find some "distraction" for an hour or two.
He goes into a local establishment and orders a:beer:when a lady of the evening approaches him.

"Hey there sailor. You look like you could use a little company tonight. How about I make you a deal?"
"Yeah? I'm interested. What's tonight's special?";)
The woman of occupation smiles, sizing up the tired sailor and answers, "How about you pay me five hundred dollars, US, and I'll do anything you want as long as you can say it in only three words."
"Five hundred dollars is a lot of money. Are you that good?"
"As long as you can say it in just three words, I will do ANYTHING you want."
The sailor thought for a moment. His eyes brighten as he says, "Repaint my boat."

-Will (Dragonfly)
She belongs over on that other thread Will.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
This little poster has been around my office for a long time and inspired me to persevere through some tough times.
I've always loved that one.
We use to have this one on the wall in engineering where I worked for a modular housing company.

While looking for the cartoon above, I came across this one, which seems more appropriate for sailboat owners.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sorry I could not wait till Friday.

No Speak English!

A German woman married an American gentleman from Virginia and they lived happily ever after in his home town.

The poor lady didn't speak English but was able to communicate with her husband.

The real problem arose

whenever she had to shop for groceries.

One day, she went to the butcher counter and wanted to
buy chicken legs. She didn't know how to put forward her
request so, in desperation, she clucked like a chicken and lifted
up her skirt to show some of her thighs. The butcher got the message and gave
her chicken legs.

A few days later she needed to get chicken breasts, again she
didn't know how to say it, so she clucked like a chicken and
unbuttoned her blouse to show the butcher just a little, small peek at her breasts.
The butcher understood again and gave her some chicken breasts.

On the 3rd day, the poor lady needed to buy sausage.
Unable to find a way to communicate this, she brought her
husband to the store...

(Please scroll down.)

What were you Thinking?

Her husband speaks English....Hellooo!

I worry about you!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm surprised the butcher understood the second request so easily. Not every butcher is so dense. I mean, not every butcher is so perspecacuous. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
What? Butchers are just meat jocks, carting quarters on their shoulders and wielding sharp knives?

They have feelings.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
What I'm trying to say is, were it I, I'm not sure I wouldn't have needed more than just a hint of what she was asking for. I can be rather dense for things like that. That butcher was very, shall we say, perceptive. :what:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Two guys were fishing on a lake in their small aluminum boat when one of them hooked something. He reeled in and found an old bottle hooked on the end of the line. When he opened the top, a genie popped out and said, “I would normally grant you three wishes but I am tired and will only grant one, so make it good”. The two guys thought about it for a while and agreed on their one wish.

“We want you to turn the water in this lake into beer” said the one who hooked the bottle. And poof, the water in the lake turned into beer (Canadian beer, the best kind) and the genie disappeared.

The fishermen smiled and started to drink the unlimited beer. After some steady drinking they became quite drunk (they were not used to the Canadian beer) and one of them said to the other, “Y, y, you know we didn’t think this through all that well”. “Whaa, what do you mean?” said the other. “Well, nn, nn, now we have to pee in the boat!”

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
This site is a true treasuretrove of good'ns.
https://www.funny-jokes.com/humor/stories/sailor_stories.htm
The Shipwrecked Barrel

One morning the shipwrecked mariner noticed something floating towards the deserted island that had become his home since his sailboat sank six months ago. As the object came closer, he realized that it was a large barrel. He very soon thereafter realised that hanging on to the barrel was a very scantily clad woman.
In fact she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Arriving on shore the woman left the barrel and slowly and suggestively walked toward the sailor. She whispered into his ear, 'I have something you want!' The mariner broke into a run towards to breaking waves yelling, 'Don't tell me you've got beer in that barrel.'

-Will (":beer:", Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
Janet was lying in bed one night. Art was falling asleep, but Janet was in a romantic mood and wanted to talk. She said: "You used to hold my hand when we were courting, even in bed."

Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second and tried to get back to sleep.

A few moments later she said: "Then you used to kiss me.”

Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.

Thirty seconds later she said: "Then you used to bite my neck."

Angrily, Art threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Janet asked.

"To get my teeth!"

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Funny how, for some couples, a great love story can go from
This.

To

This in just a few short decades.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Last edited: