Head

jojen

Feb 13, 2019
Hunter 30 San Diego
New Hunter 30 owner. It is a 1982. Do not know where valve is to switch from holding tank to outside discharge for the head. Thanks!

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
JO, welcome to the forum. Three places to look: under the sink in the head, in the cabinet behind the toilet, under the port side v-berth. Hope this helps.

jojen

Feb 13, 2019
Hunter 30 San Diego
No I am not sure. Have no manual. Will be hauled out Monday will look for discharge port.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Any y-valve that provides a choice between flushing into a tank or directly overboard, will be somewhere--hopefully somewhere accessible--in the toilet discharge line. If that y-valve doesn't exist, there could still be a discharge port...it would be the overboard discharge for the holding tank. Unless the entire tank is a completely above the waterline (which would make it possible for gravity to drain the tank), there'd have to be a y-valve and some type of pump in the tank discharge line.

Do you have any idea yet as to the make/model/age of the toilet? Marine toilets do have limited lifespans and so do hoses. I'll be glad to help you get everything sorted out..replace what needs to be replaced..."renovate" what can be. Meanwhile, welcome aboard sbo.com...I think you're gonna like it here.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Hunter moved things around in the H30 from model year to model year, but I also have a 1982 H30. The original Y-valve, overboard discharge thru-hull and manual pump where all in the cabinet below the lavatory sink.
Being a Great Lakes boat, they were of no use to me; just an extra hole in the boat below the waterline, so I took them out and glassed in the the hole. The hull there is over an inch thick. Solid fiberglass.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If it's a Jabsco manual, Jabsco only has one, so age is the only thing that matters and that may be hard to determine 'cuz most owners replace the pump every couple of years. If it's a Jabsco electric, they make several, both sea water toilets and toilets designed to use pressurized fresh water. Hopefully no PO has connected a sea water toilet to the fresh water plumbing 'cuz that's a BIG no-no. If you can't figure out what you have, upload a photo that provides a good view of the PUMP...all toilets bowls look like.

--Peggie

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
The hull there is over an inch thick. Solid fiberglass.
You're lucky! Mine is about 3/8" where the seacock is. Hence my using fiberglass backing plates on all through-hulls. Even did it for C44s, on which the corresponding place of the hull (turn of bilge or below) was like 1-1/4".