Ice Box Insulation

Sep 22, 2018
Catalina 30 Bristol RI
So I'm toying with the idea of using some spray can insulation (great stuff etc.) on the outside of the icebox. By taking the cabinet out, I'm able to reach into the area pretty easy. I'm curious if anyone has tried this? Not sure how good the R value is on it. Might just make more of a mess than it's worth.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
So I'm toying with the idea of using some spray can insulation (great stuff etc.) on the outside of the icebox. By taking the cabinet out, I'm able to reach into the area pretty easy. I'm curious if anyone has tried this? Not sure how good the R value is on it. Might just make more of a mess than it's worth.
I added some urethane sheet insulation around the box by using construction adhesive. Then some spray foam between the box and hull. I did lift the wires before spraying the foam in. Also held a pvc tube in place so any future project would have an easy route.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Some of the sprays get hard and can grind away with the cabinet or hull movememnt. I believe there is a flexible spray foam?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Historically, most boat projects that being with a trip to Home Depot end up badly in the long run.