Interior taking shape

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
truly nice work.
It is interesting that the light areas on the old wood are behind the cushions where they would be protected from the Sun. That might be from trapped moisture between cushion and wall or, more likely, rubbing by seated people. The corners on the compression post(?) and doorway trim were rubbed bare.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 9, 2018
Catalina 25 Lake Monroe
I don't know for sure, but I read in a few different places online that it's how mold shows up on oak, usually starting at the bottom where humidity collects and slowly works its way up.

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
LOOKS FANTASTIC.

when you get a chance, change out the gate valve for proper through hull.
How would you change out the gate valve when it is glassed in place? I have a similar situation on my boat and would like to put in a proper valve. Thanks!

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
How would you change out the gate valve when it is glassed in place? I have a similar situation on my boat and would like to put in a proper valve. Thanks!
check out MaineSail's website pbase.com. He would have articles on doing proper repairs/thru-hulls. The glassed in place sometimes simply crumbles due to age/construction. If not, an oscillating tool is invaluable for cutting away the old.

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
check out MaineSail's website pbase.com. He would have articles on doing proper repairs/thru-hulls. The glassed in place sometimes simply crumbles due to age/construction. If not, an oscillating tool is invaluable for cutting away the old.
Thanks, I'll check it out.