Hunter 320 Plumbing

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Hey,

This seems simple but I'm driving myself crazy on the web.

Our Hunter owner's manual shows plumbing laid out as being 1/2 Whale plumbing. The push fittings are marked as being 15mm (Whale fittings as well). This leads me to ask if perhaps the plumbing is 15mm, not 1/2 inch, or that it's close enough in size to not matter (i.e. the 15mm fitting fit fine on the 1/2 in plumbing).

I'd like to know if I can just use some 1/2 inch PEX for a few changes. We're removing the HW tank due to a leak and I've bypassed the plumbing for now, but would like to make it a little neater.

Anyone gone through this with their plumbing?

2nd question:

I'll be removing the coolant lines from the engine (2MG20F) and just plugging them with stainless steel pipe plugs. Anyone know the specs on those holes/threads or where to find them?

Cheers.

Attachments

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
The 1/2" fittings will not work. 1/2" is 12.7 mm.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Hey,

This seems simple but I'm driving myself crazy on the web.

Our Hunter owner's manual shows plumbing laid out as being 1/2 Whale plumbing. The push fittings are marked as being 15mm (Whale fittings as well). This leads me to ask if perhaps the plumbing is 15mm, not 1/2 inch, or that it's close enough in size to not matter (i.e. the 15mm fitting fit fine on the 1/2 in plumbing).

I'd like to know if I can just use some 1/2 inch PEX for a few changes. We're removing the HW tank due to a leak and I've bypassed the plumbing for now, but would like to make it a little neater.

Anyone gone through this with their plumbing?

2nd question:

I'll be removing the coolant lines from the engine (2MG20F) and just plugging them with stainless steel pipe plugs. Anyone know the specs on those holes/threads or where to find them?

Cheers.
Second question 1st:
http://j30.us/files/Yanmar-2GM20-Parts-List.pdf

First question 2nd:
1/2" ≠ 15mm. Close but not close enough. Maybe see this thread:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/pex-size-fittings.194531/#post-1502592

but rather than Marine Outfitters (shipping will kill you unless a big order and no PST covers the cost) see Harbour Chandler. I know they can get them in through Paynes (Whale) or Western Marine (Seatech).

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Thanks for the replies. The parts list is helpful. I found some 15mm pipe in town so things are looking up. As for the plugs, I'm not an expert and wasn't sure if the whole engine was cast iron or maybe some aluminum in parts so I just thought SS would be a safe bet.