Beneteau 323 where do you store companionway doors

Paul8

Oct 25, 2017
Beneteau 323 Anacortes
Where do Beneteau 323 owners store the companion way doors? I usually put mine in the stern berth. There is a narrow vertical storage space located immediately to the left of the stove. Do 323 owners use this space for door storage or for food/cooking oil storage?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
The hatch boards store against the forward bulkhead in the starboard lazarette. There is a double track attached to the floor and two eyes for a bunjy cord to secure the boards to the bulkhead.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Same configuration on the 343. Double track and bungee cord at forward end of lazerette to store hatch boards. With regards to the narrow space between the bulkhead & stove, good for bottles of wine, cooking oil, etc.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Ditto on DougM, but mine very seldom get put there with so much stuff in the lazz. I lay them on top of the lazz during any sail. I do need to make a bag for them, though.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I have to agree that the designated storage is somewhat inconvenient, and for short day sails I have habitually stuffed the boards between the seat cushion and back cushion on one of the cabin settees. The down side is that I have nicked the woodwork once in awhile by being careless when stowing them.

Oct 27, 2010
Beneteau 323 Vernon
We made a bag out of Sunbrella with a built in divider to keep the companion way doors separate. When we go sailing we slip the campion way doors into the bag and lower the bag into the lazerette, usually it stands up beside the hot water heater and is easy to retrieve when finished sailing.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I have my soon-to-be hatchboard bag here- a moving pad! Should be easy to sew on the Sailrite machine,