It's official. Puget Sound boaters are full of it

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Now now... that is a provocative opinion. Maybe true.... At least only the bears and the salmon will be pooping in the water.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'm bitter. All the times I visited PS working for Boeing, I never got a sail. Closest was a ferry thru the San Juans

Oct 22, 2014
Do not be bitter. Let us know when you are coming out for a visit. Even a flat lander is welcome to sail here.
@Ken Cross has a Hunter 30. My Cal is in the water. @LeslieTroyer has his Catalina. @Terry Cox keeps his boat in the water. At least one of us could spare a day to tease you. Who knows you may decide that Kansas is lacking in sailing experiences and decide to adventure in the Pacific waters. Many have been lured by the Sirens song.

Oct 22, 2014
While some of Canada is still open water... the time for legal pooping in the Sound is gone.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I know Kansas is lacking in good sailing places. But we have excellent wind and a great membership.
And living in Kansas is much cheaper so we can afford to visit nice places. :)
No one discharges here that I know of. We take it all back to the pumping station. Unless it's dark and we use the stern ;)

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
We’ve had No Discharge Zones in the Chesapeake for nearly 20 years. Lots of new oyster and clam beds. I hear the clams down in Lynnhaven Inlet are fat and safe to eat too! Poopy oysters are a real turn-off.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Makes me think of a Big bang Theory episode where Raj asks the question "Where does Aquaman poop?".

Oct 22, 2014
Maybe you need one of these

To ride the prairie of Kansas. I bet if you took it onto the stubble of a harvested corn field you'd get a ride like a choppy lake full of powerboats.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Kinda like the financial rational for living in Oilberta. Except the new norm where somebody lights up most of BC and sends the smoke our way, but I already harangued Ralph about that.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Maybe you need one of these

To ride the prairie of Kansas. I bet if you took it onto the stubble of a harvested corn field you'd get a ride like a choppy lake full of powerboats.
Some of the members have iceboats, but the conditions are not consistent. Rare actually. Kind of like Puget Sound and sunglasses! ;)

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
Now now... that is a provocative opinion. Maybe true.... At least only the bears and the salmon will be pooping in the water.
I know it is a small thing but for me, I believe cleaning up and keeping our environment clean has to start with each of us. Its kind of a PIA but most of the time I use a portapotty or a bucket w/a lid and the "soak up" pads.

Oct 22, 2014
I know it is a small thing
It is no small thing @mm2347. We are just having a bit of fun here. What Justin has shared is the State of Washington has finally passed a law making all of the waters of the Puget Sound a No Discharge Zone. Before it was a recommendation and a practice. There is a conservancy group that has been promoting Clean Water Marina's and there are free pump outs, even a funded program for pump outs at your moored boat. All of this has been working for the past 3-5 years. But politicians being what they are felt the need to pass a "Law" and establish a fine. This gives them a funding methodology for more controls.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Isn't there a sign up that bears are supposed to poop in the woods?

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Around here, we've always followed the rule about "Never s...ing close to the barn" :biggrin:Seems to work!

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Do not be bitter. Let us know when you are coming out for a visit. Even a flat lander is welcome to sail here.
@Ken Cross has a Hunter 30. My Cal is in the water. @LeslieTroyer has his Catalina. @Terry Cox keeps his boat in the water. At least one of us could spare a day to tease you. Who knows you may decide that Kansas is lacking in sailing experiences and decide to adventure in the Pacific waters. Many have been lured by the Sirens song.
If we know you're here it should be easy.
Also ex Boeing, retired early in 2011.

Oct 22, 2014
@JRacer I tried to get my dad’s horses to try that protocol. They never listened nor liked the idea.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
If we know you're here it should be easy.
Also ex Boeing, retired early in 2011.
Thanks for the offer all. If we ever make it up there again I'd love to go out for a day. The few times my wife came up with me, we had a great time. She is from Long Island NY right on the Sound

The commercial division in Wichita got sold off in about '05. What remained of Boeing is gone now too. I wish I could have stayed with them so my defined benefit pension would keep growing and I would have the Boeing retirement medical insurance when I go out the door. That's getting off topic though.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Some of the members have iceboats, but the conditions are not consistent. Rare actually. Kind of like Puget Sound and sunglasses! ;)
Seattle has one off the highest if not the highest sales of sunglasses per capita in the US. We never bring with when leaving the house because it’s never sunny so when we get sun breaks people rush out and buy another pair.
Me I wear photo gray glasses and don’t worry about looking cool.

Les