Anyone know of a used 28ft mast for a macgregor 26

Aug 9, 2018
Macgregor 26D St Paul Mn
I missed clearing a bridge by 3 inches where the St Croix and Mississippi rivers meet near the Twin Cities last Sunday and would like to find a used 28ft replacement mast preferably within about 500 miles. I also thought about repairing mine by cutting out the kink but then my mast wout be about 3 inches shorter.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
I missed clearing a bridge by 3 inches where the St Croix and Mississippi rivers meet near the Twin Cities last Sunday and would like to find a used 28ft replacement mast preferably within about 500 miles. I also thought about repairing mine by cutting out the kink but then my mast wout be about 3 inches shorter.
Cut 4" off so you'll always clear the bridge....

But seriously, shortening the mast is probably the best and easiest way to go. Transporting a 28' mast is a pain and I don't think a mast will be cheap if you find one. It's a fractional rig, right? so you would only have to shorten the side and back stays and not have to worry about the jib. You may have to lower your gooseneck, but maybe you'll get lucky there.

Aug 9, 2018
Macgregor 26D St Paul Mn
Well the kink is about 1/2 way down the mast so I would have to cut it out there and install an internal sleeve and rivet or weld the mast to the sleeve. I have a rack on my pickup for transporting something as big as 28ft so that is not a problem.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Just wondering, what bridge did you hit? I though they all have a clearance of about 24 feet when closed.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Well the kink is about 1/2 way down the mast so I would have to cut it out there and install an internal sleeve and rivet or weld the mast to the sleeve. I have a rack on my pickup for transporting something as big as 28ft so that is not a problem.
Got it, I was thinking it was at the top. There are a couple on eBay tht you would have to research to see if they would work for you.
This is in Illinois:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Catalina-25-Sailboat-MAST-MEASURES-28-1-OFF-1978-FRESHWATER-/152602281224

Oct 5, 2013
Macgregor 26D Lake Mead
I had a similar accident, through with a tree instead of a bridge.

A new mast from BW Yachts costs $595, plus another $500 for packaging and freight

Did you figure out how you're going to fix your boat?

Aug 9, 2018
Macgregor 26D St Paul Mn
I had a similar accident, through with a tree instead of a bridge.

A new mast from BW Yachts costs $595, plus another $500 for packaging and freight

Did you figure out how you're going to fix your boat?
Well, I found a couple on C L for around $200. A couple C Scow 30 foot and a prindle 17ft. I still plan on cutting out my kink and installing a sleeve or?

Aug 9, 2018
Macgregor 26D St Paul Mn
I sure would like to found out contact info for an older user called Alibaba that had one and he lived in PA.

mate88

Feb 14, 2012
macgregor 26 Lake Erie
I have mast, boom, rigging and sails and sail cover for a '95 Mac 26' Swing-keel version all in decent condition.
My boat burned in my shop so I have no use for these items. Anyone interested? Call Mate 734-347-5705

Aug 9, 2018
Macgregor 26D St Paul Mn
You must be near Ann Arbor Mi. I am in St Paul Mn. I located a mast locally from a guy with a Prindle cat that had delaminated hulls that people on the forums say should work but who knows. What do you need for your mast?