Catboat?

Jul 16, 2018
Oday 17 Mystic
Did O'Day make a Catboat? I can't find much info about this 18' boat. Does anyone have more information about these?
Thanks,
Bill

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
O'DAY did "make" a couple of Cat-rigged boats over the years, the previously mentioned O'DAY 12 (1976-78), the Wood-Pussy (13') was built by Marscot Plastics for O'DAY in the early 1960's, but I am not aware of any 18' Catboats made/sold by O'DAY. I will check my old Yachting Magazine collection and a few old, old ads to see if maybe I'm forgetting something. On the other hand, if you actually do mean CATAMARAN instead of CATBOAT, then yes, O'day....well, not really "O'DAY", but StarCraft Sailboats, a division of Lear-Siegler Marine, which was the "Parent" Company of O'DAY in the Mid-1980's, was also the builder at that time of PRINDLE Catamarans and the Sales/Marketing/Production Office for PRINDLE was located in the Fall River, MA Plant of O'DAY. I do seem to recall there being a PRINDLE 18.

Attachments

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
I do seem to recall there being a PRINDLE 18.
This was my third catamaran after a Hobie 16 and a Hobie 14. Great sailing boat (like the Hobie 16-the 14 not so much) the port hull had a leak and would take on water on a starboard tack, come about and get the port hull up and it would drain. I fixed that after the first season.