Ahoy

Stache

Jul 14, 2018
O'day Widgeon Enfield, NH
Please allow me to introduce myself.
I answer to Stache (photos will explain why).
Just purchased a 1975 O'day Widgeon.
I have been sailing an AMF Alcort Sunfish on Mascoma Lake NH for the last four summers and wanted to move up to a boat you sit in rather than on.
Looking forward to meeting all of you digitally or in person.

PS Neither the Widgeon nor the Sunfish are for sale.

Attachments

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Welcome aboard. I too learned on a Sunfish. I just loved that Sunfish. Those things were fun to broach, run, back up, and just about anything else (except turtle and get the mast stuck in the mud).

Do enjoy the forums!

Stache

Jul 14, 2018
I began sailing with my "Dutch Uncle" in his home made sailboat. Also sailed a Lightning with him. Sailed a Widgeon with my High School History teacher. Then in the Navy I sailed Lasers in Lake Michigan, Pensacola Bay, Pearl Harbor, and even sailed inter-island in Hawaii as crew on a Cal 2-29. My current fleet consists of a pre 1952 Grumman Canoe with a forward thwart with a mast hole for a sailing rig in addition to the fish and the duck.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have been sailing an AMF Alcort Sunfish on Mascoma Lake NH for the last four summers and wanted to move up to a boat you sit in
Welcome to SBO Stache. you will have fun here. It is good to have another fellow New Nampshirite among this crew. I am the proud owner of an O'Day Mariner. O'Day made nice boats. I'm sure you will love yours.

Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. NH's not very big, but there are some wicked nice lakes here.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Stache

Jul 14, 2018
Best part of Mascoma lake is that we are big enough to have fun sailing but not so big (Newfound or Winnie) to have multi engine 30+ foot scream boats cruising at 50 knots.
I'll be at the Wolfeboro Boat Show on July 28th, along with a couple thousand other people. I'm the fat guy with the curly mustache.

Last edited: