Name and hailing port.

Aug 31, 2017
Catalina Catalina 22 Tampa
This might be an odd question but I'm having no luck finding information on adding a name and hailing port to an undocumented vessel. Is this legal?

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Is what legal? The odd question, having no luck finding information, or adding a name and hailing port to an undocumented vessel? Just askin'.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
This might be an odd question but I'm having no luck finding information on adding a name and hailing port to an undocumented vessel. Is this legal?
It certainly is. There are specifications for marking a documented vessel, not so much for name, but for hailing port and documentation number. There are usually state regs for registered boats, like displaying the registration number and sticker.
https://www.boat-ed.com/florida/stu...mber-and-Validation-Decal/10101002_700138902/

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
1991 Catalina 22 Wing Keel 15202 Nocona
We've never named our boats...hard to agree on one. I wanted to call our boat...

YOUNAMEITNOYOUNAMEIT

Sharlene said...no, you name it...think I will just call it ...boat

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
Jokes aside, there are no rules for naming undocumented vessels. Name it whatever you, however you want, or don't name it at all. You're identified by your state registration numbers.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
think I will just call it ...boat
The best name I saw for that type argument was...

YOT

In a SBO thread about great boat names.
Everyone in the thread though it was phonetic "Yacht"

But I got the right meaning, it was...

TOY

YOT Spelled backwards.;)

Have fun thinking up cool names. Perhaps one for the Goose and Gander idea.
Jim...

Aug 31, 2011
Catalina C-22 9485 Lake Rathbun, IA
Put 'Auckland, NZ'. Will get a few queries on how well it sailed across the Pacific and up inland waterways !! Someone may even buy you a rum for that story. Yes, a lack of geography can sometimes be a fun thing to exploit !! Happily, most people on our marina know where NZ is, what with me reminding them who has the 'Americas Cup' ! But the flags on the side of the boat, boat name (Southern Cross), and courtesy flag can fool a few. Until they hear the kiwi accent ! Then they start to wonder...