2018 Mahalo Cruise

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just got back from taking my oldest son's family to SeaTac for their flight home to DFW. Could have walked and gotten there almost as fast. Yuk! Not quite as bad on the return home.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
So, since we all really hijacked Les’ trip, here’s a sunset looking up Trincomali Channel. I took lots so hope i choose right one. It will need some computer help whe we get home..
A85D7465-524D-463E-B739-68A81459006A.jpeg

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Tnx..All this is, is in-camera HDR and handheld. Forgot my tripod.. It will need more work. I may even choose a different shot..

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Les, I will process this in Aurora and finish with Luminar and some Nik. I told Adobe what they could do with catalogs and subscriptions...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
185877F6-7EBD-4C76-B4D3-C7A4B2EA6782.jpeg C07903BC-AB61-4F7A-9FFA-C190FC5845D8.jpeg
Well since Mark posted sunset I figured these should see more than my iPhones memories. Seattle waterfront last evening.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Great to have a shorter keel. Selby Cove is less bouncy, but a lot narrower and shallower. (and the sheep running up to the beach, then getting scared away at nothing are always entertaining) Either way, Prevost is a great place to hang out.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Passed @Mark Maulden on the way out of Ganges Harbor this morning -- Got about an hour of sailing in today. Now at the Telegraph Harbor Marina - 3 days here for the Catalina Rendezvous -- Should be lots of fun... then a long run back to Roche Harbor on Sunday.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
When you see a Catalina 36 and 34 buddy boating, we know who it is. Confirmed by AIS.. We decided to go to Ganges and have a gourmet dinner at Hastings House. VERY NICE DINNNER!! But you pay for it. We have been sailing these waters for years/decades..This time, we decided to stay two nights and rent a car and drive the island stopping at all the cheese factories, artisans, wineries, et al. Oh ya...when we got slipped, I discovered the refer was warm. Didn’t run much unless I turned it up full blast and it still didnt get cold. Through a few bags of ice in and started calling some refer guys. It had all the usual symptoms of low freon and I was going to get it checked upon return to Anacortes. All the phone calls I made were returned with “well I extremely sorry but we are booked out 4wks”...the marina called a guy and he returned the call saying he could stop by about 4:30. Cool! He lives on his boat and stopped by on the way to the pub with his dinghy, gauges and freon tank. Checked things out and said low on freon...topped it off told me how to check if it was overcharged and what to do if it was...packed up and was off the boat and we said “how much”? “Oh make it 20 bucks..you pay for my beer tonite”. Really nice to know these guys are still around that appreciates a boaters cold beer..

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I carry my own gauges and a small bottle of Freon for just that reason.
Really? I’ve sailed these waters for fifty yrs. This is the first issue with refrigeration. The % just doesnt work for me to carry that stuff. My last ditch was to buy a can of freon from the auto store. After that, ice works...