Boat Portrait Found!

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The Admiral walked into a Local bank Lobby and found this mural Painted on their wall. Guess whose sailboat that is?
IMG_2663.jpeg

I guess our Boom was blown away by Hurricane Nate or perhaps interfered with the landscape.:)
Jim...

PS: The power boat on the Port side belongs to the son-in-law.
PSS: Signed and numbered prints are available at a small cost.:pimp:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
catch some crawfish.
Nope!

But SHRIMP , dang right!
I saw two teenagers catch about 20 lbs of shrimp using a cast net. It took them 4 casts!
Jim...

PS: Crawfish is way up river. This marina is on a canal off a Salt Water bay.
PSS: That is a Salt water marsh, note the winding canals for smaller boats in the back ground marsh.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sounds perfect! I'm guessing September to December is ideal sailing weather there.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I'm guessing September to December
Well try March to mid December. :biggrin:
As long as we are not dodging Tropical storms.:(

We went out in February, this year, in jackets. Good during the Sunny days, but had warm supper in the cabin that night. Good temperature for snuggling too.:)

Plus we go down to our boat [3 miles away] on Sunny and chilly days to do minor maintenance and enjoy just being in the berth.

Boating is great!!!
Jim...

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
I recently went to an art show in the town where my marina is. A local photographer had some beautiful time lapse shots of the northern lights over the marina. The night was so calm that even with the time lapse, you could read our boats name on the stern. Unfortunately I'm too cheap to pay the several hundred dollars for it, so I can't share:-(
But anyone in wabamun can see it displayed in the gallery lakeside.
Oh, and my mom painted this a couple years ago, won first prize in the art show she entered with it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The artistic element is pretty good. Here is the Hadley against the Seattle skyline. We are in Bell Harbor Downtown Seattle.
138B0854-AC78-4036-9210-BF4E3787960F.jpeg
When we got back from dinner I saw this image of Hadley and Mt Rainer, at sunset.
243FAA36-C0DA-4516-B8A5-FC65D26291B8.jpeg
Then there was Senior Frog playing with Mr Beaver.
7AD9C62A-E7F9-44E4-944F-62C7302226C5.jpeg

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
The Admiral walked into a Local bank Lobby and found this mural Painted on their wall. Guess whose sailboat that is?
View attachment 153495
I guess our Boom was blown away by Hurricane Nate or perhaps interfered with the landscape.:)
Jim...

PS: The power boat on the Port side belongs to the son-in-law.
PSS: Signed and numbered prints are available at a small cost.:pimp:
And just like a pelican, he just *had* to photobomb!

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Thanks John. Yes, they’re watercolors. Not very good photos - I just snapped them for my own reference, at an angle to avoid reflection of the flash off the glass. I love the lines of the old Friendship Sloops.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ohhh Kermie.. Reach into the watercooler and get another cool one..
Water colors Water colors Water colors....

There I’ve said it there times and the spell checker placed a space between the words each time.
I guess it needs some studies in English writing. How do you train an Apple. I always thought you gave it to a teacher.