Custom C-22 Stainless Anchor Roller

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Is the boat a new design, or a Mk II? It will make a difference in what comes next. :)

Sep 30, 2013
Okay, that makes it a "new design", same as mine. I started with this roller and customized it to fit my bow: https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=927

That CD roller is, in my humble opinion, very flimsy and very poorly designed. You're in for a bit of a project if you want a quality, custom roller, but IT IS AWESOME when it's done. I'll help you any way I can. Here's some reading to get you started.

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/c22-anchor-roller-am-i-crazy.173642/

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
Thanks for the heads up on the CD Roller. Sounds like fabricating one might be the best option. I do think you need to up your game on the brand of bourbon though.

Sep 30, 2013
Thanks for the heads up on the CD Roller. Sounds like fabricating one might be the best option. I do think you need to up your game on the brand of bourbon though.
No help for you then! Get off my old thread, ya bum! :kick:

Actually ... I did discover Woodford Reserve recently. It's a slice of pure heaven, but more than twice the price of Jim Beam. The best I can do is keep a bottle of it in the liquor cabinet for special occasions. :(

Mar 2, 2018
Check out Restless Sprits in Kansas City, they are one of my clients. Great sprits. Thanks for the heads up ! I will have to make something myself

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Actually ... I did discover Woodford Reserve recently. It's a slice of pure heaven, but more than twice the price of Jim Beam.
You may wish to try Angels Envy. Pretty well priced and very nice bourbon! Another well priced nice bourbon is Colonel E. H. Taylor Small Batch - also quite well priced for what it is... Both are in the ball park of the Woodford Reserve, which is also on my list of very nice bourbons! :stir:

dj

Sep 30, 2013
I just bought that same Mantus anchor. Looks like it doesn't FA.

Can't wait to try it-
It's boring as hell. All it does is set instantly, every single time, and never budge.

@Rltgold , you mean pics of the completed roller setup? Most of what I have is in the last couple pages of the thread I linked, I think there's a video in there too. Here's one I don't think I posted...

And here's one showing the DIY offset roller I came up with, by sanding one side down and adding a starboard spacer on the other side:

Mar 2, 2018
Hi Gene, thanks for that. it says it all. What mods did you have to do to the bigger roller to get it to work on your boat?
PS My boat is currently in Oxnard and I am in San Diego till next week. I need a measurement of the inside of the cockpit at the back of the stern under the traveler.
Are you anywhere near your boat to be able to give me a height and width? Thanks !