The Official "What Did You Do To Your Mac Today" Thread!

Nov 30, 2015
MacGregor 26S Lakehills, Tx
I also added a bracket for the aft anchor.
This was my solution to the problem: a 3ft long section of 3in. ø PVC tubing attached to the stanchion with S/S hose clamps. The anchor shaft with anchor rode attached is simply inserted into the pipe, an it rides there while underway. I have a similar setup on the bow for the primary anchor.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Seen in South Park Colorado at 8600 ft elevation this morning. I think this is a Mac or Venture 25?

5_26_18_1.jpg

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Seen in South Park Colorado at 8600 ft elevation this morning. I think this is a Mac or Venture 25?

View attachment 150879

Think you are right, a 25. How is it to be back in the 'High Country'?

We are in Phoenix helping a friend who broke her leg real bad. Planning on riding the motorcycle to Denver in a couple weeks to visit Dottie's son, then to Wyoming on it and back to Utah,

Sumner
=====================================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

walt

Jun 1, 2007
We always enjoy Colorado.

Any chance of coming through Elevenmile State park on your trip (a little S. of Lake George on Hwy 24)? The day of the week wont matter..

Send me a PM..

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
Eclipse is underway! We have embarked on a cruise from Portsmouth, where we decided to trailer to Providence RI due to weather off the coast, down Long Island Sound, up the Hudson, out the Erie, then back through Ottawa, Montreal, and Lake Champlain. Currently holed up for thunderstorms in Devon, CT
Along the way, our centerboard broke and we had to get hauled out in Niantic, CT. Just part of the adventure!
We invite you to follow our blog at eclipses-odyssey.blogspot.com

Attachments

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Nice story.. Nice thing about working on and modifying the boat.. when you had somewhat of a major issue with the centerboard which could have ended the trip, you just repaired it there on the spot.. Back on the trip the next day.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Cool trip and glad you were able to get the centerboard repaired and back on your way.

I'd think about starting a new thread either here or in the "Destinations" forum and update it every so often in addition to your blog. Just short updates with links to your blog,

Sumner
===========================================================================
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer

Think you are right, a 25. How is it to be back in the 'High Country'?

We are in Phoenix helping a friend who broke her leg real bad. Planning on riding the motorcycle to Denver in a couple weeks to visit Dottie's son, then to Wyoming on it and back to Utah,

Sumner
=====================================================================================
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Looks like mine.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Made it into Denver. Thanks to both of you for the great time. Hope you had a good day on the lake with the Hobie,

Sumner and Dottie

walt

Jun 1, 2007
We enjoyed the visit! Just got back from a good sail.. Picture from today.
june9_1.jpg

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
Eclipse has travelled up the Mighty Hudson to the beginning of the Erie Canal. Here we lowered the mast and set up the cockpit tarp. That's the first lock visible in the distance. Heading to Buffalo!
eclipses-odyssey.blogspot.com
IMG_3429.JPG

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
Today marks our one month milestone of living, sailing and motoring on our MacGregor 26S, Eclipse. We've gone around 500 miles so far. Many interesting and historic sites along the way, including seeing the Lois McClure and Clearwater.

The extensive modifications we've made especially to the interior have paid off to make life on-board pretty good. We meet other cruisers, many of them doing the 'Great Loop' with much larger and more luxurious layouts (they can stand up in the cabin!!), but we like the way the Mac works.

We especially like the fuel economy. Others we've talked with report getting from five to one mile to the gallon, while our fuel-injected Tohatsu 9.9 gives us sixteen. Crossing Lake Oneida we were able to put the mast and sails up for a day of sailing, then return to canalling mode. Few other cruisers can do that.

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Sounds like you guys are having a great trip :). The Mac is a good boat.

...while our fuel-injected Tohatsu 9.9 gives us sixteen....
How long have they have the EFI model out? I don't think it was out when we bought our carbureted 9.8 Tohatsu. I feel we average about 10 mpg with it so the EFI has really improved on that,

Sumner
================================================================================
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html

Jul 3, 2017
MacGregor 26D Wheatly ON Canada
MAC-A-TAC has a 9.8 EFI Tohatsu as well with just over 100 hours on it. At 5 knots cruising speed it uses .7 gallons / hr. I find this a more useful way of tracking consumption. Marking how many hours a tank will give in the log and setting an alarm in advance makes for smooth tank changes. I use a high thrust prop with excellent reverse performance. A different prop would likely give better efficiency. It seems somewhat consistent with yours.

Jul 3, 2018
Macgregor 26D Trailer Sailor
Today I took off the aluminum stern swim ladder, leaving eight holes to patch, so I cleaned the surface with acetone, sanded with 230, and dremmeled the holes wider in to the transom fiberglass to better receive the patch material .

Attachments